Random thoughts people have heart and soul

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by LuckyStripe, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Willow_Jon

Willow_Jon Banned

I have met some really wonderful people here .....some i would have never met in my everyday life.

2. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

RT is the barometer of the forums as a whole

3. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

RT is my favorite - has been for years. But I do miss getting to be my bitchy self to people. :tongue:

4. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

I'd just like to say that I love you all and that if I've ever offended any of you, please tell your friends!

5. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I love pretty much everyone here, and truth be told, it's about the only social life I really have anymore, since everyone at work decided to shove knives in my back recently. It's one of the few joys I have left...Hehe.

6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

me too??

I coulda swore my friend scared my soul away long ago...

fun story actually
    I was stoned
    and my friend ran off
    and I thought I knew where he went
    and walked past expecting him to jump out
    and then he didn't
    and I walked around a little bit more searching
    and I was just about to give up and smoke more, when I turned around and
    "AAHHHHHHH!!!!!" when he popped out, I screamed like a total girl
    and I nearly had a heart attack, and had trouble breathing (though that was probably all imagined :tongue: )
    and I actually felt my soul leap from my body, it was weird...

7. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

I....I'm not sure if I feel I belong in RT any more, to be honest. Lucky, and many others, can vouch for me when I say I used to spend more time in RT than anywhere else in my life. I used to get up every morning, fresh out of highschool, and get on here. I'd get off long enough to eat and maybe nap, and then I'd be on here until one or two in the morning. Hell in my first couple months here I put up around 3k posts, with ease.

Then came the 'vacations'. Or times when I didn't have internet and such. It seems with every one of these 'vacations', I feel more and more out of place here. Not at hipforums in general, but in the Random Thoughts community. Not to say it's changed a lot, although it has in some subtle and other not so subtle ways.

It didn't strike me until the day I logged on and saw that there was no longer a random thoughts forum. I realized that I didn't really care. Which to me was a shock. I've been adamant from the start that there has always been a community here, as have many of those who have been here for years. Any more though, I don't feel connected with this community. I don't know if it's because I'm not here to see the new faces as they come in, or maybe just because I don't feel the kind of connection with the new faces that I felt with the faces that were here when I 'found' the forums.

Either way though, Lucky is right. RT, more than any other forum in my opinion, holds a special bond between people. I've found many life long friends here and I've done a lot of growing here. Some members, such as Penny, often remind me of how I've grown since I first arrived, and that's something that I haven't often had, even in my 'real life'. For those of you who don't understand it, perhaps you're in the wrong place. This place is just as 'real' as you allow it to be.

Everybody says you can't really get to know people across the internet because they can be as fake as they want to be, but that's no different than most other social hangouts. You're a regular at a bar? Yeah, you make a few actual friends that you really do know, but the rest of them could be as full of shit as the people you find on the internet.

That being said, thank you Lucky for this post. It's allowed me my 15 minutes of nostalgia and the chance to once again be reminded of the real reason I have never left the forums.

8. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I used to spend most of my time on hipforums in the young hippy section. Then after that whole whiner fiasco setteled in I come here in RT most often. I enjoy reading threads elsewhere but I have more to say around these parts

9. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

LOL!

10. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

What! this is RT? hmm so it was left, left, right then left not left, right, left, left.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm sure we all do, but why do so many insist on acting like wanting to keep it hid, denying what could be and how?

(and to YnB; because "right, right, right" is phonier then a three dollar bill!)

=^^=
    .../\...

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Random Thoughts keeps me sane.

13. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I like Ramdom Thoughts because that's how I think. If you are bewildered with so many titles and where to put your questions or wanderings,,,there is RT waiting for you.

14. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

I want to ..... shave myself all night long

15. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Use a depilatory cream- it takes less time.

16. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

^ sweet wanna join me??

17. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

What shall I join you to? Do I use epoxy?

18. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

i seriously love some of the people on here deeply
    and then i think...fuck the internet is turning me
    so i think, i'll stab you all in the knee
    and then i think..maybe i just need a drink...
    and then i think, man i drink too much
    and then i think, can one actually drink too much?
    and then i think, what would they say in rt?
    and i come full circle

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i do always seem to end up here; spending half the night. i thought it had something to do with gravity and inertia though.

without this place to "get it out of my system" i probably would be nuttier then i am now.

=^^=
    .../\...