Random Thought...

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by TresBizzare420, Jan 18, 2005.

1. TresBizzare420

TresBizzare420 Member

For you guys that are still in school or college, when you look around the people surrounding you, do you ever find yourself wondering “oh god…”

Most of the people at my school who smoke marijuana are just idiots. For the most part, they are the kind of people who give marijuana smokers a bad name. Looking around some of my classes makes me feel like I am still in middle school. As sure as I am that there are other intelligent marijuana smoking people at the school, the idiots tend to stand out more then the intelligent individuals.

One thing that slightly bothered me is this example. One of my very straight edge acquaintances worked in a group with a kid who smokes. She told me this story, “ I was sitting at the desk and I was sitting on this guys jacket. Later when I came home, my mother told me to come up to her.” “Hon, you reek of marijuana…”

When a person tells other people (who they do not know that well) that they smoke and that they deal, that is a pretty dumb move right there. When a person comes to school reeking of marijuana without an attempt to get rid of the smell, and the smell being that strong that it rubs off on other people, that right there is a bit of a problem.

I guess for these reasons, I usually smoke alone, or with close friends who do not act like little middle school kids.

2. JamesR420

JamesR420 Member

yeah my crew used to be like that, they grew out of it tho, ig uess time cures most things.

3. jimi420

jimi420 Member

Tresbizzare420, i really didnt know where you were going with that whole thing but it does annoy me when people are extremely inmature. Just one peice of advise: dont be so judemental. The way I look at is if some one is having fun, don't be an ass to them just let them be. Unless of course theyre raping little kids or something.

4. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i havent read a single word on this thread...but three guys in a row's name ends in 420...you guys related...:rolleyes:

5. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

6. PhluffHead 4

PhluffHead 4 Member

Nice point.

I agree though about the stupidity and ignorance that some people have. Some of my friends go out at lunch and bake their cars, come back into school with red eyes and reeking of weed. I have no idea how they dont get caught seeing as they do this everyday.

7. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

I smoke a lot actually but I kee my grades up and im not as stupid as other people to go and get arrested. Actually all the seniors at my school are either drunks, my brother being the biggest one, or stoners, and i know most of them get decent grades. the people i hang out with dont, well the ones that smoke anyways. But theyre still cool. I dont know anyone stupid enough to go up to someone and say , Hey I deal weed come buy from me. Yea, the cop at school would be all over their ass if they found out.

8. TresBizzare420

TresBizzare420 Member

I don't care if someone is having a little bit of fun, hell, the motto of life is do whatever floats your boat. The only problem I have in the matter of people having fun is the indirect effect that it cuts into the line of other people having a good time as well. When the administration finds out that the school is not as drug free as they think it is, everyone has a chance of paying for it. What I do not want to see happen is a lot of other kids getting busted in a situation which could easily be avoided. One sentence overheard by the wrong person can get a bunch of other people in trouble.

9. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

Yep, there are people at my school who give weed a bad name. It's really obnoxious... they're unpleasant people to be around.

10. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

Ya usually I'm all about smoking people out and smoking with them, but there are some kids who go to my school who are just shady i guess would be the word. Not in a dangerous sense of the word, just people who aren't cool to hang out with and are generally stupid about things.

I'm the kind of smoker who likes to plan ahead. Plan for the worst case scenario and what not. I usually spray so much shit in my car, then douse myself in axe, then have a bunch of listerine pocket packs and chew on some orbit. Luckily my eyes don't get red though. I hate it when I buy from people who aren't really smart about transferring bud or whatever cuz they'll be like oh hey and just pull it out and hand it to me, so shady.

Still haven't been caught by a cop or teacher and I've been smoking for oh 4 years now. *Knocks on wood*

11. TresBizzare420

TresBizzare420 Member

How can one not acknowledge marijuana smokers as a group of people. Yes, while it is definitely true that all people are different, that marijuana smokers come in a large variety of people ranging from idiots, assholes, mellow nice people, with the list going on and on and on, the one fact remains constant. Anything negative about one person of the group (as with any other group), is reflected by society as a reflection of the group.

Think about it, this is one reason marijuana is still illegal. It is a lot easier to buy into all the anti-marijuana propaganda then it is to really think about the reasoning and the facts behind it. People hold to their views very firmly, when one has been raised by a society which views marijuana as an evil, people are not going to change their views very easily. When people are presented with information which contradicts their views, they tend to throw out that information and go back to the original belief.

Views of negativity are a lot easier to believe, especially when embraced by a society. When one person who smokes marijuana does something stupid, people as a society are going to take that message and in their minds apply it to the entire group. On a much lower scale, the same thing applies with a positive message, but a positive message is a lot harder for society to embrace upon a group of people in particular.

Look at stereotypes in general. Every group of people is branded by stereotypes. While most of us realize that for every stereotype there are plenty of exceptions, enough people continue to believe the stereotype which keeps it alive. On another note of looking at stereotypes, remember that most of the stereotypes that exist are negative.

Going back to your point LivingLegends, as if marijuana smokers should have a good name? On the largest scale, it would be impossible for marijuana smokers to have either a good name or a bad name, since marijuana smokers include so many different people. On a more general level though, people who smoke marijuana should definitely have a better name. The group having a better image as a whole is one of the first steps to the legalization process. The only way that the image of a person who smokes marijuana will move from anything besides the point that it is at currently, that image of a stereotypical burnout is if enough people get together to try to change things. If society slowly realizes that people who smoke marijuana can be successful normal people, then that is a step in the right direction. In order for society to change its views about marijuana people who smoke marijuana should realize that the way they act, reflects the way people will look at the issue. The more people who act stupid about marijuana help enforce society’s negativity on the issue.

When you said “its like saying those black crackheads give black people a bad name,” think about it, it is exactly like it. “Those black crackheads” give a lot of people a bad name, they give a bad name first to all people who use any drug(society tends to lump “similar” things together, at the same time as it singles out crack.) At the same time negativity to all other areas ties right on in, including race, income level, education level, housing area, etc, etc, etc.

12. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

13. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

dont be annoyed that other people are more stupid, be pleased that you are more smart.

14. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

though dumb people piss me off too.

15. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

sometimes I DO look at the people I toke up with and just shake my head. Whatever. That's when I kick 'em out and enjoy a big bowl to my head!

I'm successful in my life and don't really care.

16. see in blonde

see in blonde Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I would say about 95% of my university smokes, faculty included. So no worries about reeking there! Although I don't know what was being smoked for the clothes to reek that bad. Pot smoke doesn't linger like tobacco smoke.