Ramos and Compean ~ Sentences Commuted

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Fyrenza, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Fyrenza

Fyrenza Queen of the Ians

FINALLY.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=86533

i'll tell you what ~

COMMUTED?!?!?!? Not PARDONED?!?!?!?

Phull-ease!

i'll tell you what ~ if i was a border patrol agent, that would be it.

See ya ~ wouldn't want to be ya!

There ISN'T enough money to entice me to risk my life and limbs to protect my country, when i've got to be watching my back constantly for "my country" to decide that i was just a little too mean, in a fight for my life against drug runners, and completely RUIN my entire life.

Crap.

Folks, there IS no justice to be had, here... :(

2. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

This might have something to do with the present state that Mexico is in. There are academics who are saying that Mexico is at a high risk of becoming a failed state.

There are drug traffickers who have been ruthlessly beheading federal soldiers and target government officials, police officers, states men and women, etc.

3. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Oh, and I *really* hate WND. You can do better than that, Fyre. Honestly.

4. Fyrenza

:rofl:

i know, and i tried to avoid them, but it was one of the best, shortest articles! ;)

Well, El Paso is screamming for the Federal Government to LEGALIZE DRUGS because of all the violence going on, and the "Drug War" is going on, ALL ALONG our Mexican border...

Cripes! One of those "Be careful what you wish for" type situations... :rolleyes:

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

You mean it's not already a "failed state?"

6. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I think Bush did the right thing here. The Right To Shoot Beaners movement would be blowing up federal buildings by next week had he not done so.

7. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

You think it's ok, acceptable, even PARDONABLE to open fire on people who are just bringing weed into the US? Is it ok to shoot illegal aliens? It's ok for agents of our country to just indiscriminately pull out a gun and bust a cap on ANYONE? Jesus Fyre, they were just bringing in weed, not more Chavos to steal jobs from precious God-fearing white folk. Weed that YOU were probably going to smoke, no less... And I can find NOWHERE that the smugglers fired on them or were even armed. I see nothing never changes in The Republic of Tejas...

You really are an idiot aren't you?

8. Fyrenza

Did you read the article???

The dude was carrying A MILLION DOLLARS of weed!

Gee, wonder if he and his posse thought about the fact that drugs and guns just NATURALLY go together? :rolleyes:

If i was a cop, and pulled someone over that was carrying that much weight? i would presume they weren't exactly going to act friendly about me trying to bust them...

In a situation like that, where the agents chase this dude who knows how far, and thought the criminal had flashed a gun at them,

i can well understand their reaction.

Something you may not know is that 5,000+ people have been killed

JUST THIS PAST YEAR

over our Border Drug Wars.

i want my pot, sure

but NOT at the expense of a Border Patrol Agent's LIFE.

Oh, and the actual agents that were killed? Tortured, beheaded, etc...

And here's the bottom line: These agents were just doing the job WE PAY THEM TO DO ~ trying to protect us from Lord only knows what sort of criminal.

And let's face it ~ right now, THAT's THE LAW. You and i are well aware of what could happen to us if we don't obey a policeman who tells us to "Freeze, or i'll shoot." So did that guy.

i've got to tell you, getting yourself into this kind of snit over a criminal being shot in the ass is mind-boggling to me...

9. Fyrenza

i don't get it ~

y'all seem to lose sight of the forest, for the trees...

10. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

750 pounds is small time. They consider a decent size bust to be at least multiple tons. The only way 750 pounds of Mexican brick weed is worth a million dollars is if it sold by the 1/8 for like $20 each, which is ridiculous.

Maybe back in the 1930's, but that's not true anymore, that's why they were in jail.

11. Zoomie

As a law enforcement officer you are trained not to fire your weapon unless lives are at risk. If they were not fired upon, and the smuggler was fleeing AWAY from them (back into Mexico) the only thing at risk was their arrest quota.

They should rot.

Or perhaps you'd be ok with someone shooting you in the ass over some weed? At this stage in the game amounts are irrelevant. It was obviously distro weight.

Am I wrong in assuming that this is less about drug smuggling and more about border violation? Because it smacks of typical Texas nationalism.

12. Fyrenza

Nah, it has more to do with a man that is willing to give up HIS chance to enjoy herb,

and laying his life on the line every time he does his job, which is to protect me/us.

Since WHEN is it a CRIME to do your job to the best of your ability??? It's disgusting to me to think that we would PROSECUTE an officer, throw him in jail, cost him his retirement, and black-ball him for other jobs, all because he did what we hired him to do.

The thing is, Zoomie, there truly IS a war going on down here, and if you aren't quick,

you're dead.

If those agents thought the dude had a gun, they were right not to wait until he fired at them. HE was in the wrong, a criminal fleeing his vehicle after a chase; they were doing their jobs, trying to stop and arrest him. The agents weren't just some trigger-happy rookies, either ~ they're decorated heroes. And as i continued to search for info, it started looking like they were prosecuted for someone else's political gain...

Like i said before, if the cops are after me, for whatever reason, and i run, and they tell me, "Stop, or i'll shoot!",

if i continue running, i'll be expecting to have to dodge a few bullets...

The Mexican dude made his choice, and them's the consequences.

Oh. And about the "Mexican" thing? i'm a Texican ~ half of my relatives are either Mexican or Texican (a mix). i'm like 1/4 th, so thinking i'm against Mexicans is truly indefensible.

13. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

I can only explain this commutation as the result of border officers being charged and convicted in order to placate Mexican concerns at the time, and now that George is gone he wanted to make right something he didn't want to see to begin with.

14. Fyrenza

Yeppers ~

that's pretty much it, in a nutshell. :cheers2:

15. Zoomie

OK so it was purely a political move. Of course, since it was a pen stroke by the Chimp, it was a political move.

Trust me, I'm not a cop hater. I haven't called one a "pig" since I was like 14 and pissed because they made me push my dirtbike 4 miles home instead of riding it illegally on a county road. I vaguely recall hearing something about drug wars along the border in Texas. Didn't know it was that bad, though. Sorry.

And it was a CHIVE!!! Damn loaded baked potatoes....

16. Fyrenza

:rofl: ROFLMAO!!! :rofl:

But, yeah, it's getting pretty spooky down there what with that "House of Death" place, the drug lords actually getting their stuff together for military operations, and their threats to storm the border.

On another note, the call for a conference with the Fed Gov re:drug legalization bit the dust...

for now.

Some rocket scientist proposed that Hey! If we just make car theft legal, we wouldn't have any more cars stolen... :rolleyes:

Cripes.