Ramen recipes?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian Recipes' started by tree_hugger, Feb 16, 2009.

1. tree_hugger

tree_hugger Member

Okay, I know most of the seasoning packs have some sort of dehydrated meat product, but the noodles are veg-friendly, and I absolutely love them. They're convenient, cheap, and go well with just about anything.

I like to put lettuce, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder, and a little mrs. dash in mine. Sometimes I'll throw a little cheese in there, but I'm trying to cut back on that.

Anyone else have any crazy ramen concoctions?

2. fruit bat

fruit bat All dumplings are real.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

Chi chi...
    noodles, cheeze doodle, and jack links chicken fajita's.. add 2 soup, 1 handful of crushed doodles, dice links up.. place in potato chip bag or something alike. add water not to make soup, enough to soak.. make sure the water is bioling hot. Drain off excess water..

my bad, didnt see it was vegan.. sub chicken with tofukey.

4. RainbowUnicorn

RainbowUnicorn Member

Yeah, as a matter of fact, I do have a crazy ramen concoction--here it is:

Ramen Noodle Casserole

3 packets ramen noodles (any flavor)
    1 16-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
    1 lb. lean hamburger (or 1 package of veggie "meat" crumbles)
    1 package shredded cheese (any kind)

Break ramen noodles up and cook according to package directions; use 2 of the seasoning packets to season. Reserve 1 cup of the liquid, drain the rest. Dump noodles into a casserole dish.

Cook entire package of frozen mixed vegetables; drain. Add to casserole dish, mixing with the noodles.

Brown hamburger; drain and add to noodles and vegetables (alternately, cook veggie crumbles according to package directions). Add reserved liquid, mix well. Add cheese to taste.

Place in microwave for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and everything is heated through. Serve immediately.

I've made this several times before, and everybody who's eaten it says they love it! :)

5. loochy

loochy Member

ramen noodles+hot sauce+1 hot dog diced up

6. The Earth

The Earth Om Tare Tutare Ture Svaha

Make your own sauce,
    using black summer truffles,
    about a 1/4 cup of an 80 year old balsamic,
    star anise,
    your favorite thickening agent,
    one half drop of ghost pepper concentrate

Then make a chiffonade salade of arugula
    with the blood orange

Boil water place zee ramain nnodles in zee water
    until tender

then serve on a pink himalayan salt stone.

7. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

4 cups vegetable stock 2 tbsp tomato ketchup 1tbsp char sui sauce or barbecue sauce 1 tbsp rice vinegar 1 tsp hot sauce, such as Tabasco 1tbsp minced garlic 2 packages ramen noodles 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels 1 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tbsp water Salt and pepper to taste 1tbsp minced cilantro. 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add ketchup, char sui, rice vinegar hot sauce and garlic. Bring to a boil; add noodles and corn. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 3 minutes or until noodles are soft. 2. Add dissolved cornstarch. Return to a boil; cook, stirring,until mixture thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately. There is a time and plate for everything.

8. ASage

ASage Member

I like to make ramen stir fry- in one pan cook the noodles, in a frying pan stir fry sliced bell pepper, mushroom, onion, zuchini, cabbage,broccoli, peas (any veggies you like really). Stir noodles in, season with soy sauce, garlic, hoisin (or any way you like). Absolutely awesome and relatively quick to make. my recipe changes with any veggies/seasonings I have at the moment. Sometimes it's asian inspired, sometimes indian (curry seasoning, chickpeas), italian (lot's of tomato, pasta sauce) mexican (black beans, hot peppers, chili seasoning, lime), etc.

9. crunkkid

crunkkid Guest

I usually make mine reall simple, just with olive oil and celery salt cause I'm in a hurry to eat them

10. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Raw, with Nutella spread on one side of the block.

Raw, damp and with the seasoning packet sprinkled on it.

Raw, plain,

Yea' I know,,, I'm weird... I'll live with that.

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I like to add tuna in mine..I normally wouldnt mention that in a vegetarian section but I think some people eat fish

another thing I absolutely love in soup is thinly slice celery [​IMG]...it adds so much flavour

12. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

Who's seen the movie Ramen Girl with Brittany Murphy?!

13. mystik_lilac

mystik_lilac Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I just watched it yesterday actually. Interesting movie. Cute. Borderline cheesy.

14. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I start with Beef Ramen (not a fan of chicken ramen). Cook it up, pull off stove, add flavor packet, a half inch thick slice of velveeta cheese in small cubes, and two dashes of cayenne pepper.
    Then put back on the stove and cook till cheese melts. One of my faves.

15. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

16. John1234567

John1234567 Members

17. Aerianne

Why do you say that?

18. John1234567

John1234567 Members

Beef flavor packet? This post is in vegetarian recipes. Same for a couple of post above, little off topic

19. Aerianne

I'm aware that it's the vegetarian section. That's why I said that I'm sure you could season the dish some other way.

Some others may not have been aware when they saw the topic come up in the feed.

I'm sure everyone was just trying to share recipes.

20. John1234567

John1234567 Members

Think most people do not know that ramen differs from saimin besides being from different countries, saimin is made from egg and ramen is not