Raising Hope/Shameless

Discussion in 'TV Comedies and Sitcoms' started by Poppy Sunshine, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Poppy Sunshine

Poppy Sunshine atypical hippie Lifetime Supporter

I recently finished a Netflix marathon of Raising Hope Season 1. Nothing spectacular but I hope to find a Season 2 marathon before Season 3 begins.

Anyone else watch it/like it?

It really reminds me of Showtime's "Shameless", but a cleaner version. HOWEVER, IMO there's no comparison when it comes to the entertainment value - Shameless wins hands down!

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've watched all the episodes of Raising Hope on Hulu. It's pretty silly and I like it. Maw Maw (Cloris Leachman) is a hoot!

3. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

Never seen it yet

4. Poppy Sunshine

They did a great job of casting - you're on the mark about MawMaw! I loved when they had 2 characters from "My Name is Earl" on as husband and wife. (Jaime Pressly and Ethan Suplee - the actors who played Earl's ex-wife and brother)

I had a free Hulu trial a while back but couldn't find anything I wanted to watch. Maybe it's time to revisit Hulu...

5. Aerianne

Yeah I only watch "free" Hulu. Most things I watch come on Hulu a day or so after they've aired on network t.v.

6. Poppy Sunshine

OOOH I didn't know there was FREE Hulu!!! When I first heard of it, I thought it was free, but then we had a free trial so I thought it changed to a paid service. Thanks for the info - now I'm DEFINITELY checking it out!!!

7. Aerianne

You're welcome :sunny:

8. Poppy Sunshine

I just looked at one of our tv that is identical to another - they both have wifi and there's a button on their remotes for the internet. I can access Hulu Plus, not the free version. We have another tv (the man cave size one) that is hooked up to a gaming system and hubby said we can get Hulu thru that. I'll have to check it out. Otherwise I'll have to watch free Hulu online. I refuse to pay for more than internet and tv (with Showtime of course) and Netflix. Everything else should be free, right? Actually, the internet and phone service should be FREE! Pay for the phone or computer, get free service!

9. Aerianne

I haven't had a t.v. hooked up in this house in about 5 years. I watch Hulu on my desktop computer when there's nothing else going on.