Rainbow Freedom Fund Benefit in Austin-Feb 14

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by hippiestead, Feb 1, 2009.

1. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Me'n'JuJu will be there. Here's the latest from the organizer:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valentines's Day Concert at Ruta Maya, benefiting the Rainbow Family Legal Defence Fund
    Current mood: [​IMG] ecstatic
    Category: Parties and Nightlife

Rainbw Freedom Fund Benefit

Hey Now!!
    In the interest of providing funding for Rainbow Gathering related LEGAL EXPENCES: Gas Money (for Witnesses & Defendants), Fees for Court costs, Documents, Lawyer Retainer fees, Subpoenas, Postage, as well as the Benefit Expences and fees themselves, ETC, we're throwing a party on Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day is going to be on a Saturday(night) this year!
    Since, there's not much going on in the middle of winter, this should be ideal!

Plan for it! ****** 6:00 PM to 2:00 AM - February the 14th ******
    We've lined up some awesome bands for this event. "Flounders Without Eyes", Austins favorite Psychadelic Jam band will go on from Midnight to 1 A.M. and then host a JAM from 1 A.M. to Closing, with players from all the other bands sitting-in.

"Cooper's Uncle", a Traditional Bluegrass band for non-traditional people, will start pickin' at 7 P.M.

Kris Brown's infamous Raggae band, "Mr. Brown" will start the festivities off at 6 P.M.

Although the previously schedualed, "Blood Diamonds" - (Raggae/Hip-Hop), have moved to California, Diamond has assured us, he'll be back here in time to sit in on the JAM, and perhaps, with the R & B wonders, "Diasporic", who'll be picking up the slot, and gettin' down at 8 P.M.

All girl Raggae band, "Irie Jane" will get your booty shakin', with local Saxiphone legend, Mark Wilson, on horns, at 9 P.M. ".
    Outside the club, we'll be having glow spinning, and weather permitting, a Jello wrestlin' match to keep folks entertained between set changes!

We also have some incredible Suprise Guests, as well!!! (If You're in one of these bands, get in touch with me about your line-up times and backloading the stage.) If you play music and would like to play, or have other between set, entertainment skills, get in touch with me at (leave a message in this thread & I will pass it along)!

Charles, the genius behind the Flounders' famous lightshow, has a KILLER Lightshow planned for our Valentine's Extravaganza.

We're still lookin' for help from some more folks who can help make this a LIVE internet broadcast on the WEB, with access, by donations through PayPal, Western Union, Direct Bank Transfer using checking accounts, or by Cash at this or other Benefit locations, etc.!

We will be broadcasting LIVE WEB video/audio out during our sets, viewable at http://www.rainbowguide.info , AND hopefully, projecting video/playing audio LIVE, from other benefits around the country on our stage between sets.

We have a great South Austin, location in Central Texas @ The Ruta Maya Wortld Headquarters!
    It not only has Electricity, Heat & A/C, Internet Access, Free Parking, and easy Family Friendly Access to hold this event, but , also has a great sound system and one of Austin's best sound engineers, on the mixer, as well!

Get in touch if you have access to other resources in other states! If you're living in another city, and would like to help start a simultaneous party / benefit / webcast from your town, get in touch!

Help us preserve your Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, and Freedom of Assembly, as well as return America to the "Land of Liberty"

If you would like to help out with Donations for the Silent Auction, event planning, loans of audio or video equipment, or helping carry equipment, or in ANY WAY, get in touch!

We ALL "get by with a little help from our friends!"

2. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Is this fund for ANYONE who has legal expences related to last year's Gathering? Or just Fonty?

3. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Actually this fund will be going toward on-going cases & new cases...part of the reason Fonty started this fund was because Rose's witnesses didn't have gas money to get to WY, another reason is because jails require accused people to buy one of their phone cards in order to use their one phone call and we all know that very few people carry the green stuff once they're Home. Thru his experience, he saw where other Fam would need to support in order to get the strong cases to court, & I have a lot of respect for Fonty in getting this together.

4. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Goodwater's hurting for money.....

I hope this works out well. There's already some folks who seem to bear Fonty ill will, unjustifiably, IMO, for being the cause of the Battle at Kid Village. My experience has been that all the peace, love & hippie beads go out the window when there gets to be enough money involved to do more than buy a 40 of cheap beer...but he's been around the block enough that he ought to be aware of the political minefield into which he's walking.

5. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

sounds like fun, we will come check it out - we're right down the road from ruta

6. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

As I learned during the '96 skirmish in front of the IABD Cafe @ Popcorn Palace, sometimes you gotta be happy knowing the reality that you experienced was what happened & not worry about what others think. As far as the politics, well, again, peace happens inside when you know you're doing the right thing & those who will be nay-sayers will do so no matter what the reality is.