rainbow family and the hopi prophecy

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by nimh, May 14, 2004.

1. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

can someone tell me about this? i've heard people talking about it, but i forgot what it was that they said.

2. paix

paix Senior Member

I can't link you directly, but go to www.welcomehome.org, then scroll down on the menu on the left side to general info, and then scroll down from there to the link that says "native american prophesies", there's a bunch of info there, welcomehome is pretty much your best resource for history on the family in my opinoin.

happy reading, I'm about to dive into some of these myself :)

3. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Its like when mother earth is sick and the people are dying a new tribe will arise that is reincarnations of Natives that have been slaughtered and the tribe will be all the colors of the rainbow and will save the world, but it might be a good idea to do what paix said:)

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

opps, i checked out http://www.welcomehome.org/rainbow/prophecy/prophecies.html, and forgot to come back and say thx. I read the first two prophecies on that page aloud to my 2 yr old. he really liked them. and so did i. :)

and, fairly recently the rainbow family was officially recognized by native americans as a new tribe? can anyone fill me in on the details about that? i have a memory like a seive sometimes, i forget the details unless i've heard things a few times. i was looking around on the welcomehome site, but couldnt find anything, so maybe it was just a rainbow rumour?

5. paix

paix Senior Member

welcome home acctually isn't being updated anymore, hasn't been since before last year's gathering, check welcomehere.org, but I haven't heard that at all.

it'd be damn groovy though :0)

We have been invited to gather with the natives on turtle island this august, so that's pretty amazing, I'm hoping to go, I have a feeling that it's gonna be really magical :)

oh, and I'm really glad your little one liked the stories :)

6. RedStar

RedStar Member

turtle island? you mean North America (which is called Turtle island by many native groups) or some smaller island ?

7. paix

paix Senior Member

as in turtle Island in quebec, it's an actual island to the best of my knowledge

8. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

it's the Canadian Shield , which ya is a geologic island says the Ontario Rainbows who have a site at MSN-groups . i think you can count on them for relaying good info on this gathering ( in english ).

9. makno

makno Senior Member

basicaly people assholes and destroyed by "gourd of ashes" comming soon!

10. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

If I remember right the rainbow has recently been accepted as a tribe in canada, not the US.

Something like that anyway.

11. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

There's also a good book, People of the Rainbow: A Nomadic Utopia, by Michael Niman. http://www.mediastudy.com/rainbow.html His chapter on Fakelore gives an interesting perspective on the Hopi Prophesy thing

12. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

it might be oddly possible to get invited to a hopi elder circle and they'd speak of it . otherwise , we do have a medicine wheel the hopi have given us . new music comes from it , and the motion of new music is the root of what we actually Do , gracefully So , because acting from prophesy is too buggardly awkward . if ever you go round to the hopi , i mean , i hope'ee you just go singing like you sing to the clouds something true and free ....

13. WanderingturnupII

Bad news, bro. That wheel was a 5 lug, we neded an 8 lug, so we had to trade it;)

14. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

?what kinda bad news is that .

A good trade , and that's love doing it right

15. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

ok..as i remember things after re-reading this
    the hopi prophesy goes
    when the earth is weaping and the treesare dying there shal come a tribe..a tribe of people who care and they shall be called the warriors of the rainbow
    as for the canadian tribe..they havea prophesy of a new tribe comming who will revive the old ways or something like that
    this tribe i beleive sponsored rainbow to be officialy recognized as "the new tribe" by some sort of international commitee of indiginouse people..effectivel accepting us as a true indiginouse tribal nation
    the highest honour possible to a tribe only 30+ years old

16. WanderingturnupII

Or, as they say at the ol' Lovin' Ovens...

"When the beans are burning,
    And the High Holies are sniveling,
    There will come a tribe of warriors who cares...sometimes.
    They will be called The Ogres of the Ovens.
    Hoka Hoka Hey Ho Hum."

Or something like that.