Racist

Discussion in 'People' started by Mamluke, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Mamluke

Mamluke Members

What goes through the mind of one do the think about race 24/7?if they are busy working and paying rent hpw.do they find time to think about anotherw.persons race

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I think these people tend to have their own failures in life and race is an easy excuse for why they they did not fail. It's good for self esteem to think that you are so special everyone was jealous and held you down.

Maybe this is why white supremacist groups tend to recruit in poor neighborhoods and not middle class. So in a way yes they think of race all the time. They think their life has been stolen from them and nothing makes them madder than seeing race acknowledged as an issue. In modern society there are a lot of people saying racism is a thing. So I see their daily lives as full of things that remind them of why they are mad.

Eric! and Mamluke like this.
  3. Mamluke

Mamluke Members

So why are non whites so racists towards those who finds nothing to them

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Probably for the same reasons they feel that the white person has oppressed them. I am not one to say only whites are racist but with the control we have over society it's much easier for our racism to hurt people.

Mamluke likes this.
  5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Some people use agendas

Mamluke likes this.
  6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

And then there are those white people (who I won't name) that wallow in guilt over things they did not do to people who are long since dead. They think the color of their skin makes them culpable. They tend to look askance at people who don't feel this way, but if they were capable of being honest with themselves they would find they are jealous of other's freedom from guilt. They are some of the most racist people on the planet.

Mamluke likes this.
  7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's a form of mental illness.

Mamluke, wilsjane and tumbling.dice like this.
  8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i seriously doubt it. i hate shitty drivers, but i don't really think about them except when one is in the process of cutting me off.

Mamluke likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Racist? Heck nawwh I ain't racist. I like all kinds of races. NASCAR, Speedway, short track, V8s

Eric! likes this.
  10. I don't think most racists really dwell on it. They just decide they're racist and every once in a while throw out an epithet. They aren't all focused on it like hardcore white supremacists, most racists even.

Mamluke likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I agree. Non racists take up more time with this topic than actual racists do. Similar to atheists and religious people, atheists will take up more time arguing about God than religious people.

bugsboner likes this.
  12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Race relations is one of the most misunderstood subjects on the planet.
    The laws simply state that is is illegal to make someone feel inferior because or their race, so ignoring them can do just that without a word being spoken.
    When I meet or work with someone from another country. I make a point of chatting to them about their country and culture, rather than pretending that it does not exist.
    As soon as the ice is broken, they relax and will often chat for hours.
    I am sure that if I was visiting or working in Africa, people would ask me about life in the UK, so what is the difference.???

Eric! likes this.
  13. I bet. Some people never shut up.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If I'm talking to foreigners, I ask them what they think of Germany or Europe and where they've been, what they're up to and where they're going next and if it's somewhere I've been we talk about things to do etc.

When I went to America, I didn't go so I could strike up a conversation about my homeland, I wanted to talk about America and things to do and what to see and where to go.

For instance, pretty much all Asian groups I get to talk to all marvel at the castles, cathedrals and fortifications around Europe. They simply can't get enough of it so that's what we talk about.

wilsjane likes this.
  15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Takes me about 1/4 of a second to think about someones race

How do people find a spare fraction of a second?

Mamluke and wilsjane like this.
  16. wilsjane

You don't know how much you have just made me laugh.
    Jane came to London for a holiday and took a part time job in one of our theaters.
    I did what I mentioned and she has been rabbiting on about Ireland for the last 40 years. :yum::yum::yum:

neonspectraltoast likes this.
  17. wilsjane

Exactly, but is someone in America had asked you what country you were from, you would not have though that they were being racist.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol tbh, more often than not I was asked "you have a funny accent, which state are you from?" :p

tumbling.dice likes this.
  19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Racists come in all colors, but in only one model

20. wilsjane

Jane has a similar problem. She is from the south west of Ireland and her accent is nothing like the Dublin and Belfast accents that have become the trademark of the country due to television.
    She has been accused of being Welsh, Scottish, Scandinavian and often French. Not entirely surprising, since the first settlers in her part of the country came over from France. The native Irish language is also a derivative of french, with adjectives used after the noun.

Irminsul likes this.