racism?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by azbean, Apr 10, 2010.

1. azbean

azbean Member

i went to oahu this summer & it was great. im considering moving there. im black& come from VA and wondering how race relations are there.

2. gorilla warfare

gorilla warfare Member

not so much racism, but quite a few people dislike mainlanders in general. such a nice place though.

3. azbean

azbean Member

thnx man

4. Jerlene

Jerlene Member

I know this is an old topic but I'm going to answer this if anyone else is wondering...

We have nothing against black people, they are more than welcomed to live here. It's white people that we have a problem with(not me specifically, they're my favourite!:p). It's those people that need to earn the right to live here, at least in peace.

5. Kumaji

Kumaji Member

Hey, Jerlene... I am white and not one of those bad types I hope. My wife is Japanese. Will we be welcomed or have problems? We are thinking of moving there to be in between US and Asia where most of our work is. I have never been there but I love Hawaii, Hawaiians and feel mahalo deeply....

6. Jerlene

Jerlene Member

lol You feel aloha. Mahalo means thank you.

Everyone here is Asian so you guys would be more than welcomed. Just don't look like a tourist and you'll be fine. Act like you were born and raised in Hawaii.

7. Kumaji

Kumaji Member

:love: Yes, that is the feeling. Wife is from Japan but she knows a lot about Hawaii. She would probably be laughing with you. I feel some connection to the place. It feels like home from a different time. Its kinda the way I feel about Japan. A place to be protected and respected.