Racism Is A Bitch... (The M & M Story)

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by mysticmindlover, Jun 21, 2006.

1. mysticmindlover

mysticmindlover Member

May be a little over your head, but... whatever

A gathering of strangers, friends, colleagues, and confidants in the foreroom of the homestead
    Conversing and chatting about the times, or whatever else strangers, friends, colleagues, and confidants chat about
    A fellow notices a glass bowl filled to it's rim with M & M's on the coffee table
    An array of hues nestled in the container
    Greens, yellows, reds, and so-on
    He reaches over and grabs a handful of the colorful chocolates
    And pops a few back into his mouth
    He begins to chat about his favorite candy (which were the M & M's)
    He mentions how he favored the green ones over all the others
    The woman seated next to him remarks that her favorite M & M's were the red ones
    The discussion commences when a visually impaired man peers his head through the threshold of the living room out of curiosity to see what the others were talking about
    A woman acknowledges the man
    Not wanting him to be left out of the conversation, she invites him to have a seat
    He asked what the conversation was about
    They mentioned they were discussing which color M & M they liked best
    After hearing this, the blind fellow had gotten a perplexed look on his face
    He says, in a confused manner, "Are you telling me that M & M's come in the different colors?"
    "They all taste the same to me"
    After saying this, the faces on the people in the group looked as perplexed as the blind man's...

2. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

haha, nice. that's a great way of making your point there. I thought you were going to say he was color blind (red/green colorbliindness is common) but either way. Good stuff.

3. Biida

Biida Member

If I were blind, I think I'd have trouble telling the difference between M&Ms and Smarties... I haven't had either one in ages. o_O;

Anyway, cute story. Cuts to the point nicely... Although to be honest, I'm pretty sure I've heard a story nearly exactly like this one a few times before.

4. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

m&ms taste nothing LIKE smarties...

5. Biida

Biida Member

Don't they? I haven't had any in something close to two years. I gave up on crappy candies and have yet to look back,
    But
    Guess I'll go and pick some up
    When I go to pick somebody up
    Sometime later today. :)

Provided I've got any moolah.

6. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

m&ms are chocolatey, smarties are rather tart