Racing Extinction

Discussion in 'TV Documentaries' started by Moonglow181, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Animal Planet on the Discovery Channel just premiered this at 9 pm, and i watched the full hour and 36 minutes......They are repeating it now on Animal Planet, and will probably repeat it many more times.....It is very powerful, poignant...be prepared to cry....

These people are my heroes....I love these people who speak in this documentary. i wish i was back out there with these types of people and helping doing these things.....I need to be with them.....i was at one point with Earth trust for saving the humpback whale....

Some parts will make you sick.....so that is a warning....i forced myself to watch...Other segments are hopeful and inspirational.....It is well worth watching...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PijSIbXCK1Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6y0p3DqNuE

2. Moonglow181

A quote from this documentary was light one candle and do not curse the darkness.....but I am so sad right now. I keep seeing the sad parts of this documentary and that sinking hurt feeling has settled in my bones....Did you know that fisherman cut off the fins of the sharks, and then throw the sharks back in the water to die a painful, slow death? They showed one shark with no fins struggling to swim. It was heartbreaking....They use the fins for soup........

and after showing that in one of the restaurants that served shark fin soup....a big percentage would not order it anymore. The word has got to be gotten out....and as they also said...."A picture is worth a thousand words...."

3. Moonglow181

This is being re aired on the 8th...tuesday at 9 pm EST on the Discovery Channel, if anyone is interested in watching it....