[Quiz] Survival

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Dude111, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I got 8.

I didn't know about dogs or sharks.....

I think that's a really bad quiz. Not enough background is given, and then there's 3 answers that all could be correct given slight variations in the situation.

For instance, if you have a chance, there are many times where trying to disarm a gunman could be a MUCH better option than complying. People often willingly position themselves, walk for miles, or otherwise help to prepare for their own execution, by trying to gain the gunmans favor and not cause a problem, even passing up disarming oppertunities. The gunman knows this, too.

3. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

I got 9. Seeings as we don't have any sharks in Lake Michigan, that shouldn't be a problem. And I never fly so thats another thing.

4. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

12/17
    It's not the best quiz. In some situation I'd do something they didn't even mention.

5. RnbwMan

RnbwMan Guest

Definitely not the best, especially on the gunman situations. They forgot to account for concealed carry permit holder who are also armed, and know how to handle such situations very differently, but I realized they were referring to unarmed, untrained individuals so, got 17/17.

6. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i got a 9.. I live in the midwest.. know a lot about tornadoes.. and not shit about sharks

7. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

10/17 .... I'm barely alive.

The one about not rationing the water in the desert is bull though.

8. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

.....Nah.

You took their CC class to get the permit.... you're not an expert in anything.

Now, for people who know how to handle such situations, as you say, many gunmen CAN be disarmed with little danger.

Anyway, my point is that you carry your balls in a holster. And a wimpy pocket holster, at that.

As for rationing water, you really don't want to ration hard. The reason being that you'll benefit less from water if you're already badly dehydrated, becomming disoriented, overheated, headache, etc. It well be too little too late. You shouldn't just drink it super fast, go as slow as you reasonably can, but also do drink it. But I didn't like those questions because they made assumptions about people knowing where you are, searching in time, etc. Maybe I'm in the desert and NOBODY knows where I am, I'd be dead in 2 days if not found.... I'd drink my water slowly but not too slowly, determine a direction, and start moving, even if it was just to try to find a cactus to drink or some shade. Not sitting there while everyone scratches their head, better to die trying than twiddling your thumbs.

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i have faced two vicious dogs at the same time before. standing still wasnt going to make them go away. trust me on that one.

anyway i got a 10

11. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

12/17 then again I don't fly any more. I suppose if I did I could have done better. I also missed one shark question but not likely to need that unless I go to the zoo and something goes terribly wrong..... Also missed a hostage question and one of the desert questions about water. I would have rationed. I guess I would be dead for the most part.

12. |SunDriedLily|

|SunDriedLily| Member

13. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

The shark got me.

14. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

What worked for me with large trained attack dogs, I don't recommend with wolf hybridds. Their reflexes are fast!

12/17

15. kingofthemoon1313

kingofthemoon1313 Member

I don't know shit about dogs and where I live the closest sharks are in the aquarium or a 6 hour plane ride.

16. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

13 out of 17 i'm alive but badily injured ...with a little work I too can be an extreme survivor blah blah some of those questions were not detailed enough...

17. wobs

wobs Senior Member

im not following american terrorist,she scares me!

18. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I can't take it :(

19. Ely North

Ely North Member

10/17 I always want to disarm the gunman, because a gunman disarmed is no longer a gunman. He's just a man. And you can bring down a man by simply kicking him in the balls.