quitting weed.

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by kar33m, Jun 29, 2006.

1. kar33m

kar33m Member

They say weed isnt addictive, but still most of us stoners will find that quitting isnt as easy as we thought.
    what do you guys think about this subject? is weed addictive? do you have difficulities quitting weed when you need to? Is it just psycological? and if so, do youconsider it to be a real addiction?

2. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

there can be problems. you gotta put effort into changin your life. some people depend on teh weed a lot. its good to get engaged in things

3. kar33m

kar33m Member

I am not quitting dude. It's just that Ive been dry for 3 days now so I was forced to take a small tolerance breake which will probably end today or tomorrow.
    This reminded me how quitting weed sometimes can be a bitch. that's it.

4. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

I quit weed all the time then start up again. I'll have bouts of using it then have bouts of being off it, works fine for me. Personally I like weed too much to completely give it up, the key is balance, I control it not it controlling me.

5. Sodium + Chloride

Sodium + Chloride Member

People just have to persevere when it comes to things like marijuana and use moderation. One must not be weak minded and must use the Force for good young padawan. A Jedi must not let himself succumb to temptation.

But uhhh anyway, its not addicting like heroin, its addicting like food.

6. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

its not addicting like food

7. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

definitely not as addicting as dark chocolate.

ooohhhhhhhhhhhh dark chooocolaaaaateeeeeeeee.....

ne'er had a problem taking a break from mj, just get a tiny little person in the back of my head telling me it would be good to be high. he is easily ignored.

8. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

Think about it. Say I wanna stop eating meat and become a vegetarian with a balanced diet. Sometimes I just feel like a fucking steak.

Weed is not addictive.

9. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

have a soy burger! ;)

10. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

Well, I quit for 6 months due to probation and it was very hard at first. Of course, it isn't physically addictive and we all know that, but I'd say it is psychologically. Pretty much anything can be psychologically addicting if you let it though. I definitely had a pretty rough time quitting. Like stonerbill said, you have to have a sort of life change. I can smoke now thought, so rejoice!

11. NovaStarwind

NovaStarwind Member

I would say that it's easier to quit when you have things to do... like this summer, I probably will not stop smoking weed at all, simply because I have nothing better to do with my time, and it's a good relaxing addition to a good relaxing summer. But yeah... if I had a reason to quit, I could.

~Nova

12. sacrament32

sacrament32 Member

i was just thinking if weed gives u low blood suger would that effect diabetics??

13. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

With weed though its more of a routine that is hard to stop. For instance you may get high before you go to work and then after work and then before bedtime. And when suddenly you stop that routine your body and mind are almost telling you wheres the daily pot I was getting and then you can't figure out what else to do.

14. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

Well, my best friend is a diabetic and smokes a good bit of pot. Whenever we smoke though, he eats...so his blood sugar wouldn't be low. He takes his insulin like he is supposed to and he has never had any problem with the herb.

15. EnterTheFarside

EnterTheFarside the cats pajamas

im on a weeks hiatus from weed. It was decided on around 5 AM that morning. the most difficult part, I found, is deciding what to do with that time from 12-3 where id be stoned.

16. touch_me

touch_me Member

i think i should take a week break..

it will be hard because most people i chill with smoke pot. so i guess i wiuld have to hide in my house and ignore all phone calls...fuck that.

17. SpcdCwby

SpcdCwby Member

For my wife and I it's a matter of lifestyle. It's just what we do. We take our son to the park and fishing and what not, but OUR recreation time is spent together enjoying pot. Always has been, always will be. It's just a part of your life.

Imagine getting up at 8am everyday. Then you get a new job and have to get up at 7 - hard to do, but you gotta do it. Just like having an empty stash box, gotta deal with it, just need to make a couple minor adjustments to daily life for a while so you don't get bored.

Good luck on hookin' up with some more dope.

Best wishes all.

18. kar33m

kar33m Member

yeah I totally agree with you.
    I told my mother the same thing but she said that I am already addicted coz all addicts say that they can quit if they want to, but they never do.

19. marissa

marissa Member

I often take breaks of a week or two because I have to focus on school(AP crap sucks) and shit. I don't think it's hard to quit for awhile, as long as there's a good reason that you can't do it. It's kind of addictive because it's fun, but not physically addictive.

20. SpcdCwby

SpcdCwby Member

All due respect to your mother, but she needs to realize that she's a product of insane political propaganda. I hope you can set her straight.