Quitting nudism

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by NakedInfluence, Feb 1, 2022.

1. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

Except for kids who are raised nudist but never really espouse it for themselves giving it up to forge their own path when puberty hits, have you or someone you know ever given it up and why?
    Does it ever stop feeling amazing? I've heard people say they forget they're nude which implies that they don't feel the awesome freedom and calm that comes with it. I can't imagine forgetting I'm nude because it feels too good.

2. DanHarvey

DanHarvey Members

I dont understand why anyone would want to quit. If i had a chance to live in a Nudist commune i would be in heaven

3. Steveh

Steveh Members

i don't understand it either, i'd never quit, I like it too much

Dude111 and Scarecrow13 like this.
  4. Very Fast Car

Very Fast Car Members

There is a feeling of freedom when you are naked. I too can't see myself ever quitting.

Todd56 and Nakednudist like this.
  5. Oral_Jim

Oral_Jim Members

I've enjoyed being nude from my earliest memories and I'm in my 70's now. I'm pretty sure I will never get tired of being nude.;)

Nakednudist and Very Fast Car like this.
  6. travelguy61

travelguy61 Members

No likes a quitter

thesantos29 likes this.
  7. No. All nudists I know love being nude at home or the resort.

8. Think of all the clothes you’d have to buy!:p:D

9. mimikyu18

mimikyu18 Members

Well, I haven't been a nudist long, the only reason I stopped the first time was because I got naked for relaxation so rarely I eventually stopped.

But now? I kinda laugh at the idea of quitting now, what it does to my mood alone is enough to do it for the rest of my life. Even if I never meet anyone who is also into nudism, doing it by myself to relax is great.

10. Steveh

Steveh Members

How long a nudist for you?

11. mimikyu18

mimikyu18 Members

I started back almost a week ago, but in total? Maybe less than a month.

12. thesantos29

thesantos29 Pretty Hip

I had to quit because of my wife.

When I was single, I was a home nudist. I made this clear to my now wife from the beginning. When she would stay over, I was nude. I didn't expect her to join me and she didn't seem to have a problem with me being nude.

Fast forward to us being married and expecting our first child, she finally breaks down and admits that she always felt uncomfortable.

There was an unstated ultimatum (get dressed or else). So, I'm clothed again.

When she is out of town for work, I get to be nude again.

13. nudony

nudony Member

I've heard of cases of "bait and switch." It goes a little something like this: while dating, the woman "baits" by saying she has no problem with nudity (which is not always entirely true). But then, when things get "serious" (marriage and/or kids), she "switches" and says that nudity is actually "not ok." The husband, feeling trapped, has now little recourse other than quitting or hiding. In some cases, if the husband insists on continuing solo, the wife will get abusive and threatening. That is of course not conducive to a happy long-lasting marriage; so I don't know what these women are thinking. Although it certainly can happen the other way around; it is more often the woman who does this.

My situation with my ex-wife was different. She actually became a nudist. But after a few years, she didn't like the direction our marriage was going. Unable to reach a consensus, she decided to express her dissatisfaction by taking away the one biggest thing she knew made me happy. She "rage-quit" nudism. Because we were a unit, with family resort/club memberships, it forced me to quit nudism as well. There were other factors at play; but quitting nudism certainly didn't help our growing resentments of each other. We split up a couple of years later.

Luckily I was able to relocate and rebuild a nudist life; eventually finding a partner who would eventually become a nudist herself. But I did in fact quit nudism for a few years in between.

thesantos29 likes this.
  14. thesantos29

thesantos29 Pretty Hip

I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that, and it appears as if things are looking up.
    I would rather keep my family together than loose it all simply because I wanted to stand my ground.
    So, I gave in.

I'm trying to carve out my own routine, though. My wife and I both work from home and we have different work spaces. Mine is upstairs. So, when I'm in my office, I'm nude. She knows about it and doesn't protest. It's better than nothing.

nudony likes this.