Question =]

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Smelly D, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

ive just had this message from my dread-maker friend

"ben says he gives twist and rip with no wax when want like an honourary dread cos it comes out easy so it might not be best if you want em to stick around"

sooo. people who twisted & ripped, have they come undone?!

reassure me people!

:piggy:

2. dreadedsunflower

dreadedsunflower Senior Member

nope mine are 9 months old and have not fallin out yet

3. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

your hair is not going to spontaneously untangle. Well it may, but not in the lifetime of the universe.

4. dreadedsunflower

btw the don't come out easy my first set took me 3 days to comb out and I only had the front done like 15 dreads. Its kind of like tying knots in your hair.

5. Smelly D

i suppose im just asking more Q's cause ive backcombed before, so i know how it works, but never twisted & ripped befoooorre

6. dreadedsunflower

my hair doesn't really like back combing thats why I went to twist and rip its great

7. Smelly D

how do you care for yours? as in, how often do you wash, do you maintain etcetc

8. jamiemakecakelate

jamiemakecakelate Member

ok so ive heard of this before but what exactly is twist and rip? i have no idea what it is

9. Smelly D

you twist the hair into a hairy sausage, and you rip it from the tip towards the root (i thiiiiiiinkkkk)

10. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

preytty much yea twist take 2 random sections puil;l apart repeat
    i think your freind was just like most trying to sell ya on gooping your hair up with wax to help holdf it together

a salon woiuld just twist and goop
    maybe rip sa tiny bit but mostly just glue the hair into a clump

i believe thats what hes saying, not that twist n rip will fallout but without wax it will fallout

like backcombing it can unravel some 1str fashes but it generaly more locked in so shouldnt as much
    and as long as your not really breaking alotta hairs in the process (rip doesnt mean rip hairs just seperate to force knots towards the roots) it should do far less dammage the n backcombing

11. Smelly D

yeah, i know for a fact my friend is a bit confused about the lack of wax etc.. ive tried to explain to her that the hair just holds itself in knots but she cant really see it - everyone she knows whos had dreads (about 4 of us i think) all used wax in varying amounts, so its the norm to her

i had a play around with my hair earlier, twisting & ripping and its quite good, but my hairs a tad greasy so ill wash it again tomorrow and get some crap out in prep for monday monday mondaaaaaay

12. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

awesome and yea its alot easier faster and less painful huh well if u have somerone do it they cant feel how they pull your haur so u will have pain still but its gentler on the hair