Question for you snorters....

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by TOMCAT69, Apr 23, 2012.

1. TOMCAT69

TOMCAT69 Member

Well for the last year or so I have been snorting my Oxycodone IR's (about 300per month) it appears as though I have lost my sense of smell-will this ever come back?
    Last month an older guy here at work crapped himself:confused: and I was the only one in the building that didnt realize it...kinda sucks as im sitting next to him everyone else is running opposite direction. Oh well anyways I wasnt sure if I were to cut back or eventually quit if that was something that ever came back or not.

2. pr0ne420

pr0ne420 Senior Member

It will come back, if you stop

3. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

That is the funniest fucking thing I've ever heard lol

4. TOMCAT69

TOMCAT69 Member

Ya the only 2 in the building were me and O crappy pants.....:( At least I had my pills

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

My sense of smell has deteriorated to a degree since snorting drugs. You may be able to regain something if you abstain for awhile but you probably will not regain your full smelling capabilities.

6. codynunn6

codynunn6 Member

i have snorted all of my pills i have ever had. Im really experienced in pills/opiates since it is the only drug i do (Opana is my fav, usually snort a half to a full 40). i use to just smoke pot ALLL the time... but now i hate the way it makes me feel, if that makes sense to anyone.. But im sorry i have never had any problem with losing my sense of smell..This has just never happened to me.

7. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

ive snorted everything for years and can still smell shit lol thats funny shit there.

8. hydropersistant

hydropersistant Member

I def have lost probably 30-40% of my smelling cabability. It's probably because our mucous membranes are constantly covered in some sort of powder haha

9. TOMCAT69

TOMCAT69 Member

True I never thought of that. LOL

10. CoLdFuSioN167

CoLdFuSioN167 Member

Ive never heard of somebody losing their sense of smell from snorting pills.

11. codynunn6

codynunn6 Member

haha yes that is true when they are covered in powder then it is difficult to smell haha

12. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

yeah my nose has been dry as hell after 8 months of snorting h, no more boogies to pick lol.

13. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

Ha! A week or so ago i was shooting a nice little bit of H and for shits and giggles i decided to snort some (since shooting i hardly ever even consider snorting my dope) but i did and the next day my nose was very dry!yuck.

14. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I have been a constant insufflator of various substances for about five and a half years now. I have always had a very good sense of smell, which is both a good thing AND a bad thing. However, I have noticed absolutely no decrease in my ability to smell bad and good things. However, I am pretty finicky when it comes to keeping my nose clean. For instance, after every "bender" of snorting, I was my nose with saline solution spray to flush out the fillers/binders in whatever pill it was that I was abusing.

In the five years of insufflating, three of the years were with Methylphendiate (Ritalin) only, one year with Adderall and sometimes OxyContin (pre-OP), and the past year and a half just Adderall.

15. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

You may well cause damage.

Some may heal.

Only one way to tell. But I promise you that recovery will only get less likely with more snorting.

16. etkearne

Yeah. I realized really fast, five years ago, that snorting was not something I should do every day. I reserve it for special occasions now even though I would "like" to indulge in it daily. But I am no idiot and realize that I will blow a hole in my septum if I did something like that every single day!

17. pbjube3

pbjube3 Cock Blaster

The 15 and 30 mg tablets contain the following inactive ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose; sodium starch glycolate; corn starch; lactose; stearic acid; D&C Yellow No. 10 (15 mg tablet); and FD&C Blue No. 2 (15 mg and 30 mg tablets).

mmmmmm corn starch and microcrystalline cellulose, that sounds good.

15 mg and 30 mg tablets contain the equivalent of 13.5 mg and 27.0 mg, respectively, of oxycodone free base.

So for every 300 pills you snort 900mg of "inactive ingredient"

18. etkearne

At least it isn't as bad as snorting Vicodin or Percocet. Ugh. That is the biggest insult to one's sinuses that I could imagine! You get, what, 5 mg of Hydrocodone, with 500-1000 mg of harsh, raw, Acetaminophen, and probably another 1000 mg of corn starch and the shit that you just listed above!

19. JeffSorrows

JeffSorrows Member

best to stop, and don't pack your nose so much, use each equally and maybe just parachute them..? I usually insufflate oxy once in a great while, for special occasions since generics I crush and swallow/parachute, and OC80's and any other OC's I have on hand are snorted or smoked. Then you really can't smell/taste. It could also be the buzz lowering your sense of smell, but just cut back, you'll enjoy the smells of life. I love making custom teas (I order organic tea leaves of different varieties) I smell them individually mix them and smell them before they get boiling water to make the tea. Then I smell the tea before taking a nice whiff of it before drinking and enjoying. Though maybe drop some klonopin in it for an extra flavor and more relaxing, but helps the digestion of oxy if not in a carbonated drink mood. So try other ways, keep your nose clean, for a bit and maybe just stop all together for a month, then rail it again, and it'll feel aamzing coming back to it. Or at least long enough to see that you regain your smell and not fucked up your nose too much. Good luck.

20. pbjube3

pbjube3 Cock Blaster

people who snort Vicodin or percocet are fucked in the head. THey dont know that they are sniffing a 5:1 ratio of acetaminophen to oxy/hydro-codone