question for the Christian haters

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by MollyBloom, Aug 17, 2005.

1. FeelinGroovy

FeelinGroovy opposable thumb

I think you misunderstood my last statement:"So are most of you anti-Christians atheists and hate all religions or just religions other than yours?" as it would be easy to misinterpret. I didn't intend for it to sound like I was refering to atheism as a religion. I meant to ask are you atheists and hate all religions or are you of a certian religion and hate religions other than your own.

I certainly agree that atheism is not a religion.

As far as this "real christian" stuff, I understand what you are saying, but it is hard not to interpret something someone said. Everytime we read another post by someone we try to interpret it as best we can because it is not always clear. A lot of what Jesus said is not always clear either, in-fact, the way of life and sequence of events back then as history is not even that clear and left a lot to interpretation. It is clearly evident that there is a lot of symbolism in the bible. A lot of happinings are documented that we can not even fathom to explain in reality. To me the bible is very much a history book. Did Jesus himself write the bible or is it documentations of what he said written by other people?

Do you also want to see someone walk on water, or live inside of a fish, or strike a rock with a stick and have water come out, or part an entire sea, I could go on and on. And is seeing these things also required by you to "justify" Christianity?

My point is that when someone decides to be a Christian and live their live as a christian in our modern world, and being that the founding book of this religion is the bible, one would be aimless without making their best interpretation of Jesus' teachings.

Why don't you give an example of the specifics of a lifestyle of what your perception of a "real christian" is? Because after all, it wouldn't be good enough for you unless it fits your perception of the way in which Jesus teaches his followers to live so you must have a clear ideal or steryotype by which you will base your judgement. So give us an example of a real Christian and how they might live.

2. MrRee

MrRee Senior Member

Was Martin Luther King a truly honest man?
    Why has the FBI sealed it's files on ML King until 2027?
    Is the ability to cheat and deceive a christian requisite?
    Know the truth and the truth will set you free.

~ try searching < Martin Luther King Plagiarism >................
    http://www.martinlutherking.org/thebeast.html
    The first public sermon that King ever gave, in 1947 at the Ebenezer Baptist Church, was plagiarized from a homily by Protestant clergyman Harry Emerson Fosdick entitled "Life is What You Make It," according to the testimony of King's best friend of that time, Reverend Larry H. Williams.

[size=-1]The first book that King wrote, "Stride Toward Freedom, - -was plagiarized from numerous sources, all unattributed, according to documentation recently assembled by sympathetic King scholars Keith D. Miller, Ira G. Zepp, Jr., and David J. Garrow.
    [/size]

[size=-1]And no less an authoritative source than the four senior editors of "The Papers of Martin Luther King, Jr.- - (an official publication of the Martin Luther King Center for Nonviolent Social Change, Inc., whose staff includes King's widow Coretta), stated of King's writings at both Boston University and Crozer Theological Seminary: "Judged retroactively by the standards of academic scholarship, [his writings] are tragically flawed by numerous instances of plagiarism.... Appropriated passages are particularly evident in his writings in his major field of graduate study, systematic theology."
    [/size]

[size=-1]King's essay, "The Place of Reason and Experience in Finding God," written at Crozer, pirated passages from the work of theologian Edgar S. Brightman, author of "The Finding of God."
    [/size]

[size=-1]Another of King's theses, "Contemporary Continental Theology," written shortly after he entered Boston University, was largely stolen from a book by Walter Marshall Horton.
    [/size]

[size=-1]King's doctoral dissertation, "A Comparison of the Conceptions of God in the Thinking of Paul Tillich and Harry Nelson Wieman," for which he was awarded a PhD in theology, contains more than fifty complete sentences plagiarized from the PhD dissertation of Dr. Jack Boozer, "The Place of Reason in Paul Tillich's Concept of God."
    [/size]

[size=-1]According to "The Martin Luther King Papers", in King's dissertation "only 49 per cent of sentences in the section on Tillich contain five or more words that were King's own...."!
    [/size]

[size=-1]In "The Journal of American History", June 1991, page 87, David J. Garrow, a leftist academic who is sympathetic to King, says that King's wife, Coretta Scott King, who also served as his secretary, was an accomplice in his repeated cheating. ("King's Plagiarism: Imitation, Insecurity and Transformation," The Journal of American History, June 1991, p. 87)
    [/size]

[size=-1]Reading Garrow's article, one is led to the inescapable conclusion that King cheated because he had chosen for himself a political role in which a PhD would be useful, and, lacking the intellectual ability to obtain the title fairly, went after it by any means necessary. Why, then, one might ask, did the professors at Crozer Theological Seminary and Boston University grant him passing grades and a PhD? Garrow states on page 89: "King's academic compositions, especially at Boston University, were almost without exception little more than summary descriptions... and comparisons of other's writings. Nonetheless, the papers almost always received desirable letter grades, strongly suggesting that King's professors did not expect more...." The editors of "The Martin Luther King Jr. Papers" state that "...the failure of King's teachers to notice his pattern of textual appropriation is somewhat remarkable...."

But researcher Michael Hoffman tells us "...actually the malfeasance of the professors is not at all remarkable. King was politically correct, he was Black, and he had ambitions. The leftist [professors were] happy to award a doctorate to such a candidate no matter how much fraud was involved. Nor is it any wonder that it has taken forty years for the truth about King's record of nearly constant intellectual piracy to be made public."

Supposed scholars, who in reality shared King's vision of a racially mixed and Marxist America, purposely covered up his cheating for decades. The cover-up still continues. From the "New York Times" of October 11, 1991, page 15, we learn that on October 10th of that year, a committee of researchers at Boston University admitted that, "There is no question but that Dr. King plagiarized in the dissertation." However, despite its finding, the committee said that "No thought should be given to the revocation of Dr. King's doctoral degree," an action the panel said "would serve no purpose."
    [/size]

1. The Papers of Martin Luther King, Jr.- - (an official publication of the Martin Luther King Center for Nonviolent Social Change).

2. "King's Plagiarism: Imitation, Insecurity and Transformation," The Journal of American History, June 1991, p. 87) David J. Garrow

3. New York Times" of October 11, 1991, page 15.

4. "The FBI and Martin Luther King, Jr.", David J. Garrow, (1981).

5. "And the walls came tumbling down," Rev. Ralph Abernathy (1989)

3. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Ok. A Christian would obey Jesus. Jesus said, "Give to him that asks". I am one that asks. So, I ask you for $20 (such a small sacrifice for Jesus), will you OBEY Jesus and send me the money OR disobey Jesus and sell him out for a measly $20?

4. Libertine

I've never known pot smoking to be coercive.

KC, You can't compare Christianity, a religion based on CONVERSIONS and THREATS OF HELL, to pot smoking.

There is no pot smoking clause that says, "Smoke weed or burn in hell"...

5. Marokko

Marokko Member

I respect every religion, and the people in it, im not sure what i am.. but christianty is just not for me and Mr. Martin Luther King was a great man.

6. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

I don't find anything wrong with christians... except when they go overboard!! and I mean overboard... When they push their religion onto people that don't want it.. (I'm not saying JUST christians) because other religons do the same thing... I'm saying a lot of the time it's christians... or jehova witnesses or mormans. I think that many christians seem very stubborn and think they are so completely right and that everyone else is wrong.. Or act like their religion is higher then any other. Or think that they are higher then everybody else because they are a christian.
    I don't mind christians at all... I have many friends that are catholics and baptist christians and all that. It doesn't bother me at all.. It's when they completely try to convert me or something like that, that pisses me off... Or when all they can talk about is God... Like " oh I love God so much" or going all mushy and stuff on it.
    I just don't prefer to be a christian.. thats all... I use to be one.. then I was an atheist... then I decided not to have a religion at all.

7. MrRee

MrRee Senior Member

Is the definition of "Christian Hater" anyone who doesn't agree with christianity, or is there a "Hate Christianity" organization?
    Personally, I don't, won't, and can't hate anyone.
    "Do unto others", kiddies!

8. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

respect? how can i respect a person that believes that the being they worship will cast me into an eternity of firey hell because i've chosen to spend my life without God being a part of it?

Respect....never...Hate?...no more than i hate the Germans because of the whole Nazi incident

9. MollyBloom

MollyBloom Member

Wow Oz. It's painful to see even a slight comparison between me as a Christian and Nazis.

I'm so amazed at people's views of Christianity. Sure there are terrible Christians who don't think I should be ordained as a woman, and so-called Muslims who think that killing people is what God wants. But does that make them "real" believers in God?

Now I could say that a real believer can be judged by their actions, like what kind of good they do in the world or by what change they're trying to make in the world. But that argument falls flat because it sets up the Law again, where you must follow certain rules in order to be a "true" believer.

So what is a real believer? I guess only God knows. Thank God that God chooses us (Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, atheists, hippies, squares, jocks, young, old..) and that we don't choose God. I think that God loves you..all of you. I guess how you act upon that love is up to you.

10. Libertine

A real believer is someone who obeys the words of Jesus.

Jesus said, "Give to them that asks..."

I ask for a measly $20, so far, no one has forked it over.

11. Oz!

why is it painfull? the nazi' murdered millions simply because they believed "they were wrong in their beliefs/lifestyles" God wants my soul to burn for eternity because i don't accept Him into my life.....you know what your god is, and how he treats those that refuse to acknowledge him....i doubt i made a revelation to you that is painfull.

12. MollyBloom

MollyBloom Member

Oz, could you please respond to the rest of what I said other than the Nazi stuff?

Did I say anything about you "going to hell"? If I said something offensive, or threatening, I want to know what it is...seriously.

13. Libertine

Molly, will YOU send me the $20?

14. Oz!

You didn't molly.....the bible did :)

15. Libertine

He's got a point there, Molly, sweetheart.
    :)

16. Oz!

You're asking me what makes a true believer?

I don't know what makes a true christian.....and i have no intention of finding out...anyone who hates/prejudice/causes baby mutilation/etc etc because of the whim of some being who impairs free will, and then casts those into hell who actually use free will (and reject him and his wishes) is beyond me, and i have no real interest in how their mind works :)

17. MollyBloom

MollyBloom Member

I've been thinking about that. You do pose quite a challenge. Seriously. I've been debating this. Because part of me thinks it's insane to send someone money just because they're advertising for it. It's why I think tele-evangelists are disgusting. I mean, reason tells me not to send it.

I don't know yet Libertine. But I'll tell you what. My whole faith isn't riding on the question. Just like my faith in God doesn't collapse knowing that the creation story literally says one thing but science says another. It just doesn't matter. It doesn't change the way I'm going to attempt to act out my faith in the world in a positive way.

18. MollyBloom

MollyBloom Member

But I didn't say that. I don't want babies to be mutilated. Did I talk about hell? I talked about love.

19. Libertine

I think it's really more simple than all the complexities and interpretations from 4000 different "versions" of Christianity.

Just OBEY JESUS' words...

$20 is nothing...suppose I asked for your car?

Jesus said it, You believe it, that should settle it...

20. Oz!

God wants babies to be mutilated (male circumsicion anyone?)

and you can keep yer love.....it comes at a price :D (submission to god)