question for the Christian haters

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by MollyBloom, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

that accutlly sounds pretty nice...im quite glad there are some other people out there who arent pre-occupied with end-times and figuring out which country will be destroyed and who the whore of babylon is and whatnot

2. MollyBloom

MollyBloom Member

Also not all Lutheran pastors do an effective job of explaining this. So just as all Christians aren't the same, I would definitely say that not all Lutheran congregations are the same.

Also, I'm in the ELCA...there's another division of the Lutheran church called the Missouri synod that will not ordain women..other things go along with that, but essentially the Missouri synod has some pretty conservative views on some things.

3. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Well no shit.

I was telling that to the person comparing an atheist getting into heaven like a person wanting to be invited into their enemy's party.

4. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Being- something such as an object or idea that exists.

Since "God" is not an object, "he" must be an idea, thus making "him" subjective and relative to the thinker.

So, I choose not think of such nonsense.

5. Sera Michele

I added my comment to a discussion where some were wondering why a god would send a perfectly good human being to hell simply because said person didn't believe in him. It was a comment based on the christian supposition that atheists are wrong and god is real. There was no misstep in logic.

Are you saying that an atheist, upon learning that the christian god is in fact real, would not want to be in heaven upon death and would rather suffer eternal torment in hell?

Besides all that, it is a given that when I say "The atheist doesn't think of god as an enemy" I say it because it is obvious they don't believe any god exists - so how could they think of god as an enemy? I was pointing out another poster's poor comparison. I just usually try not to state the obvious, but maybe I should start in order to assist the dim-witted. :rolleyes:

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

sounds right to me.

7. Sera Michele

I think he'd learn god is real the moment he ended up in hell, assuming the christian story of the afterlife is true.

8. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

are you completely incapable of understanding the concept of hypothetical situations for the sake of argument?

9. Sera Michele

I think you need to re-read the thread. You are so quick to jump into an argument about god that you don't even know what the argument is. I don't believe in god, and I never said I did. I have no "fantasy world god."

It seems that he just may be [​IMG]

10. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

The moment you end up in heaven. Of course, to you, it will be hell because you will feel guilty until you understand God.