Question for all of you...

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Penny, May 30, 2004.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I noticed that I could see who was giving me rep. points, but can all of you see who did? Cause I noticed that Nick couldn't, so, in case you guys can't either (maybe only mods can - I don't know), I just wanted to say that I gave a point to all of you yesterday, actually as soon as I was able to, because I think that you all deserve it and that... I LOVE YOU ALL :)

Anyways, what are your thoughts on rep. points? Do you think it's a good system? Fair/unfair?

Personally, I don't care for MY reputation, but I care for the other's! I want to give points to anyone who deserves it/and take away points to those who derserve as well. I think it's only fair...

Actually, I gave rep. to so many people before I was even able to award them so points, without knowing it would really change anything, but as soon as I was given a point, I was able to change other people's reputation and I ran to the Europe forum, hehe ;)

2. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

Seems fair enough to me, don't fully see the point of them though. I guess it'll help with choosing mods in the future but that's the only advantage I think. I may not understand their workings yet.

I can only see my own and no one elses which seems daft. What's the use of a reputation if only you know you have it!

3. kier

kier I R Baboon

i've had a couple, i can guess who they were from as they were both in posts asking for help/suport...but no, it doesn't say who they are from, they do have a comment that can be used though :p

4. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

I have some too, but I can't imagine anyone giving me them ;)

5. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Well, I gave some rep. to you two :) The first time, I wasn't able to give you points cause I didn't have any yet, but last time I gave you a point, it should show up in green... does it? I hope it works...

6. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I don't think it works already, but I'm not sure, maybe it will work now when I got a point from Penny (at least I think it was Penny, hehe).
    Because I got few points before and I gave some as well, but I haven't seen a poster with the thing that says about reputation different than 'in a karmic balance'.
    It's allright, but I don't think I'll really be using it lots. :)

Love,
    Borut

7. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

Well, we here in the Europe forum could give each other thousands of points and then be a brilliant example for the other forums [​IMG] :D

8. kier

kier I R Baboon

you start off at ten, so that won't do much :p

i am only going to give people plus points, because i don't want to make people sad, want to make them happy :)

9. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

I think this kind of rating system doesn't make sense in a Love&Peace-Forum where we all like each other [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

I don't think it worked Penny, I got your reputation but it is black not green and I'm still on 10 points. :confused:

11. kier

kier I R Baboon

10 is top, it doesn't get any higher...i think

all my reps are green, but some of you lovely people have signed them :)

12. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Oh my God, I can't believe that my rep was black for you showmet!!!! I feel so bad, I thought I could give points :( But if all of yours are green kier, then it means that it works, but could it only work for some people? That would suck...

Well, I'll try to give points to all of you again soon, maybe I'll wait to get more points though :)

13. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

I still don't understand the rating system :rolleyes: ;)

14. Anjee

Anjee Member

I donĀ“t like this reputation system. Seems to me it doe not fit in here. ;) Why do we have to value each other?

15. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

I sent one to Kier, was it green? I hope so because I feel bad about calling him a fascist in another thread! (It was a joke, but still);)

16. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I think that the maximum is 50 points, I'm not sure tho... anyways, that system seems very fair to me, but as long as it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it doesn't seem to for everyone... :confused:

17. kier

kier I R Baboon

whaaaaaattttt?

hehe, thanks dude :)

18. kier

kier I R Baboon

edit-mine aren't green, they are black, but i know they are all positives, because i know who gave them me....maybe it's not black=bad green=good...but more black=offline green=online

19. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Black=neutral, meaning no point added, cause the user who gave the rep. doesn't have the ability to give them -

Green=points added

Red=points taken off

Logically, the reps I gave to all of you should be green, cause I have the ability to give points, but it didn't work!!!! :(

20. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

Ah well, thanks for the gesture anyway Penny! :)