question about xanax

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by peacelovebarefeet, Jan 23, 2005.

1. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

i realized when i wasnt gettin any replies that i had posted this in the wrong thing... so im reposting it here.. my bad!

alrighty.. heres the dealio

new years eve, i took a xanax, just for the hell of it... i didnt snort it, i just chewed it up and swallowed it.. and nothing really seemed to happen...

but it was odd.... my brother gave me some pot and put it in my bf's jacket which i was wearing... and then i lost it.. like i seriously couldnt find it, and i was freaking out about it.. i searched in the jacket pockets for like 45 minutes, untill i FINALLY found it in the little secret pocket thingy.. and then i was fine.. but it seemed like i was freaking out... i dunno... anyways... but it didnt really seem like anything out of the ordinary..

alright but the next day i was in the shower, and just stoof started getting WEIRD.. like i could feel each individual droplet of water on me... and my eyelids were REALLY REALLY heavy and i could just stare off into space and 5 seconds seemed like an hour...

was the last part me finally reacting to the xanax?? or was it just because i was tired (because i didnt get much sleep that night)? i was just thinking about new years and the xanax and stuff, so i decided to ask...

oh and i havent taken it before, so thats why im wondering!

thank ya!

2. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think you were just tired...

3. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

I agree, probably just tired. If you had alcohol also, you probably made yourself sleep-deprived on top of that (in addition to risking liver damage).

I don't see any reason to take strong anti-panic-attack medication just for the hell of it. Xanax is used for panic disorder and to stabilize people who are having catastrophic trips who are acting unusually violent (it's used as a sedative, sometimes when diazepam is not available or not preferrable). I wouldn't recommend doing it recreationally, as there seems to be no real point in it. But I guess if it floats your boat then go ahead.

4. natureboy

natureboy Member

Benzodiazapines.... such as xanax are very often used recreationally. The are mild tranquilizers that have effects similar to those of alcohol.

Peace...