Question about sex life with gf

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by aphilly, Sep 29, 2013.

1. aphilly

aphilly Guest

I am so frustrated. My girlfriend and I have great sex but it has become less frequent over the year that we have been together. It used to be 2-3 times a week for the first 3 months, then once a week for a couple months, then couple times a month and now its like once a month or twice a month at the most. I ask her why, she says her sex drive is low because of her meds, she also was sexually abused as a child. So was I, unfortunately. I feel so rejected. She is completely unwilling to compromise on this with me. She loves it after we do it, its just always got to be her decision. I can never ask for it, initiate it or get it anymore when I want it. Probably due to the fact that I have had a fit over this situation more than once. Then she gets pissed and withholds.But we are very much in love and plan on being together for a long time. She's 23 btw and I'm 42. Any advice please? Don't say LBD, cuz it ain't that.

2. kurona

kurona Member

And the sex abuse as a child didnt come into play during the first 3 months? -_-

youre 42 and shes 23

I wont say it, but ask yourself.. when do people in their early 20s who has a lover who wants to have sex, suddenly stops doing it at a declining rate? I know you have ideas, this pattern is well known

3. aphilly

aphilly Guest

I assume you mean cheating. No, not possible. She doesn't drive or work. Always home. Lives with me. The sex abuse was discussed and she had some limitations, but not as many obviously. Any other ideas?

4. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Member

Plus you also said she was abused as a child. IDK she might be flirting with depression.

5. Beca012

Beca012 Member

It does not sound like it has anything to do with her being abused since this did not come into play the first three months of your relationship.

To me it sounds like she might be feeling down. Maybe a bit depressed? You say she doesn't work and is always at home? Maybe that's the problem! She is not putting herself out there and being creative. I'm 20 and lord knows I go crazy if I stay home for more than 2 days straight. She needs to activate herself! Talk to her. Open up a line of communication. Do something together. Or don't do anything together. Maybe she needs to have some time to focus on herself. Maybe she should get a job? Find a hobby outside of your home? Go to school? Gym? Book club? Things like that.