Queensday 2005!

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by tamino, Nov 23, 2004.

1. tamino

tamino Member

ABOUT US: We speak English, Spanish, some Italian. I am a self-employed, liberal and open minded. My wife and I have traveled extensively throughout Europe, and are into culture, opera, music, dining, and meeting new and interesting travelers of all ages and everyday Amsterdamers/Europeans.

I am an American of Puerto Rican/Spanish ancestry born in New York City. My wife is an American of English, Welsh and Russian ancestry born in California.

We are planning a visit to Amsterdam for the Queensday celebrations from April 28 to May 09, 2005.

Please contact us if you would like to learn more about us and further explore the possibility of meeting up with us during our travels for a chat and more!

2. SapphyreLuna

SapphyreLuna Member

My boo and I are planning a trip out there for Queen's day as well. We'll be arriving the 27th and departing the 5th of May. We both live in Jersey, I'm a Costa Rican/American and he's a Greek mixer... it's a first time in Amsty for both of us so... WaHoo...

just figured I'd give a friendly east meets west in Amsty shout out ;o)

3. yogibear

yogibear Member

I will be in town for the party 4/29/05 to 5/3/05. I'm camping at Gaasper Camping Amsterdam. I could meet you's at some landmark like the Dam or DeKuil a brown cafe/coffee house something.

4. bigmyq

bigmyq Member

Wow - my wifie and I will be in Amsterdam for Queensday too! But only from the 30th to the 4th - then off to rail through Europe. If you wanna think about getting together, lemme know! mikepiliotis@hotmail.com. We are also American.

5. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

My girlfriend and I will also be in Amsterdam from April 27th to May 5th. Were renting a houseboat close to the central station and are thinking houseboat party for queens day. get in touch and we'll meet up. I've been to Amsterdam 5 times and it only gets better and better.

6. lctricity

lctricity Member

Just wandered over here and saw all of you like-minded people looking to hang in Amsterdam on or around Queensday 2005.

I'm up for all sorts of meets and smoke-outs with whoever else is game. I'm there from 04/27 - 05/04. Look forward to meeting some of you guys.

We should all set up some meets as we get closer to our respective departures. Man, this is gonna be a blast!

7. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

I agree Ictricity! The largest street party around!! were already meeting yogibear at the de kuil at 4:00pm, so far so good. Also in A-dam from april 27th to May 4th can't wait!!

8. lctricity

lctricity Member

Right On!

Count me in for De Kuil at 4pm on Queensday 2005 - Got marked as one of the first meets of my newly started schedule/calendar.

First round of vapo bags is on me!

9. bigmyq

bigmyq Member

niiiice.....

My wife and I will also be there for Queens Day '05. (29th-3rd).

msg me to meet for a good smoke: mikepiliotis@hotmail.com

10. yogibear

yogibear Member

How are we going to ID one another. Any sugestions, name tags, red carnations?

11. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

Hey Yogibear/everyone else who's meeting up, maybe I'll sport my new red, white and blue tye dye Allman Bros election 2004 t-shirt. lol Talk about sticking out. And I'll also be with two blonde gals (that's if they keep it that way). lol Let's get everyone with the right date......that's FRIDAY the 29th at 4pm at the de kuil.

12. yogibear

yogibear Member

Hey Mike I'm going to wear my Further Festival tee shirt with my red hair. How were you living in Europe. Uncle Sam or just lucky. Also how do you get the Icons like your flag up and where do you get them?

13. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

Hey Jon, Uncle Sam put me up for 3 years and I liked europe so much I went back as a civilian for 4 more years. Amsterdam and Munich are my favorite cities over there. I got the icon when I filled out my profile with hip forum and they had a option for a bunch of icons to choose from. Never been to a queens day and I've heard so much about it, seems out of hand in such a great way!! Later

14. mikeymike

mikeymike Member

This is the perfect place. I'm going for third time, would be great to meet up and party. Never been for Queens day but but talked to plenty of people.

Big party, great time. Ill be there Apr. 30 thru May 7. Keep me in touch with details.

peace.

15. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

mikeymike, arriving on queens day? they say party starts the night before queens day brother!! what time do you arrive at central station? I lucked out and got a houseboat about 8 min. walk near the neiwmarkt area. hope to hook up with ya mike

16. lctricity

lctricity Member

Alright mikeymike. What time are we gettin' together on Queensday?

You get in at 8:30am and it'll take you most of the morning to get settled in your hotel, so what do you have planned for the evening?

All of us HIP Forum alumni are gonna have to at least take a half an hour out of our collective days and get ripped together somewhere.

17. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

hey intricity, you'll need most of the morning recovering from our friday night meet and festivities lol that's if you make it to bed at all that night lol take it light and do it right.....hmmm haven't used that saying since the early 80's lol

18. lctricity

lctricity Member

Sleep? We don't need no stinking sleep?!!

I hate to waste valueable time sleeping while I'm in The Dam but I guess you got to do it sometimes.

Look forward to the party at De Kuil on the 29th! We'll have to start thinking of a route for some other spots to hit as the night wears on. Less than 6 weeks now.

19. mikeymike

mikeymike Member

I plan to drop my bags at the hotel, take a quick shower and head out. Not going to miss out on Queens day. Let me know how easy it is to get tram passes. I want to head further out and hit some of the coffeshops I missed last time.

20. bigmyq

bigmyq Member

Sweet - The wife and I will roll up there too. See everyone at 4pm on the 29th!!!