Quawntum Physics

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by SeveredNebula223, May 17, 2004.

1. SeveredNebula223

SeveredNebula223 Member

*I posted this in the other forum, but I'll post it here for some more perspectives.*

I've discussed quantum physics briefly with a friend of mine today, and it sounds quite interesting. Could anyone here give me more information on the subject, or point me to some good books or websites?

I hear that its being used to try to prove the existance of God.

I really dont know if I should get into it or not though. Whenever I try to figure out the universe I get thrown into a funk that lasts for months and makes me want to die. And, are we really even going to find the answers anyway? Maybe all the "solutions" people have found are lies to make them believe that they need to look no further than they have for the truth.

But with me, curiosity seems to always prevail. :p

Anyway, thanks.

2. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Got linky? I know nothing about quantum physics.

3. veinglory

veinglory Member

It's a broad field. Any specific theory/phenomenon?

4. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

ive heard of tunneling, thats sounds pretty cool. I don't think there are many young liberals out there who joyfully dive into their physics books, sorry

5. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

Well, I read some books about it and I can tell you: It's REALLY hard to understand, really. So theoretical, no prove for nothing. It's interesting, but don't even try to understand.

6. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

█ Quantum physics intrigues me...i have tried to research it and i couldn't understand much of it...but it is just amazing to me......☺☻

7. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Do a Websearch for: Steven Hawking. You won't regret it!

8. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

Don't limit yourself to the micro as with the macro. I believe a unified theory requires what science cannot offer. The spiritual. Science is the observable and quantifiable, but the tools needed to immerse oneself within the fabric of space-time require a liberation of the mind. How can a scientist, who is a manifestation of the universe himself/herself, attempt to understand the universe without truly understanding themselves? One needs to release the I and tune their I-frequency into the God-Source-Universal-I frequency, to do this one needs to seek within themselves. Have you not seen or heard countless segments of historical phrases like, "wisdom comes from within" or "experience is the key to enlightenment"? They are there for a reason.

It is good to read about the importance of science, as science opens the door to what is beyond. But what is the point of seeing without being? One must incorporate these two, the outside and inside, Yin and Yang.

Ok, enough rhetoric. What's this about Quantum Mechanics? Well, I disagree with knowing the mathematics. I suppose that's due to my tendency to acquire the 'big picture' through concepts and then using these concepts to liberate my mind. Indeed, everything is made of math and language, would that not include myself? Your brain automatically calculates everything it sees, it is unconscious, one must only make it conscious to 'see'.

Here's an old website that got me interested into a lot of this, if you would like anymore it would be my pleasure to oblige.

http://www.goddimension.com/contents.php

9. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

10. dhARmaMiLlO

dhARmaMiLlO Member

If not already, there's a book you peeps should read:
    "The Tao of Physics" - by Fritjoff Capra (sp?)
    I highly recommend it. :)

~
    [​IMG]

11. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

type in Michiu Kaku at google and read his papers on string theory
    you wont be dissapointed.

12. Sebbi

Sebbi Senior Member

What do you know about it already?