QuarkXPress

Discussion in 'Hip Business Network' started by Kujo, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Kujo

Kujo Member

I am desperate for a copy of QuarkXPress. I don't care if it's an older version, although I'd prefer 7. I have no money. I need this for educational reasons and to get acquainted with the program. I have an opportunity that i don't want to pass up.

If any of you can help me, please do so. Thank you so much.

2. badwolf

badwolf Member

I need QuarkXpress for Mac. If you need it for Mac as well, my eyes are scouring the bit torrent sites for it.

3. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Quark sucks, go InDesign. I started using Quark on 4.1, and used up to 6, but InDesign is the best program ever made for page layout.

Check it out.

Wish i had known this sooner, i gave away a few and sold a few copies of 4 and 5 a few months ago.

4. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

Quark's the shit

5. Kujo

Kujo Member

Ok guys and gals, I didn't mean to start a disagreement. lol
    I need Quark in PC format. I wouldn't mind having InDesign as well.
    Most company's use Quark in the design field so I need some home-school training.
    I don't have a degree in graphic design, but I do have close to an associates in film production. Either way I plan to get my feet in the door some way.
    Thanks bunches.

6. heron

As an industry pro, i can tell you that Quark isnt being used much by industry standard. The world has gone InDesign, except newspapers and business card designers.

Learn Quark for the "ancient" knowledge of it, but dont rule out InDesign as your main platform.

Oh....get a mac.

7. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

About Quark, btw

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong here.?
    When I create a pic box and use ''get picture'' and all that, I can resize the pic to fit the box, but the problem I'm having is the final print out. All the Quark text is perfect but the actual imported picture prints very poor compared to printing it with say, ''Photoshop''. Does anybody else have similar problems with Quark.
    What's the best file format for pics.?
    Any tips when trying to print pictures with Quark.?
    regards
    (I've only got V.3.12, PC)

8. heron

Probably making the pic too large for its resolution is all.

What percentage is the increase when you fit it?

9. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Cheers,
    printing in Quark, from my experience, takes several print-outs (experiments) to get it right. I would never scale up an image using Quark, I would do that in Photoshop something like 300dpi. I've done a little research since posting and it seems this is a common problem and some report that the colours can change too. I will start to experiment with different file formats and print outs, now.
    Sorry for hijacking the thread, btw, but it would be nice to get a PC copy of Quark thats better than the version I've currently got, I'm still searching for it along with latest versions of Photoshop and Flash.
    cheers