Putting Police dogs off the scent!

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by Catweazleandfreind, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Catweazleandfreind

Catweazleandfreind Member

Iam concerned for the safety of any large 'stash' should the police intrude with 'sniffer' dogs.Although Iam happy with the location of the place I have in mind,my worry is that the dogs will 'sniff' it out!Does anyone have any experience with any substances or chemicals that will cause the dogs an olfactory distraction(put them off,in other words),preferebly without any discomfort or alarm.Surely this is common practice,though I have found very little in my 'searches'.
    Also would it make any real difference if the stash was elevated from floor level as high as possible?
    Anybody any experiences or advice here?

2. ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO Senior Member

pepper spray... ground pepper around your house.... ground pepper in your car... really bad for a dogs nose...

3. Gratefully Dawg

Gratefully Dawg Member

coffee grounds, preferably dark roast. If you cover your stash in it the dogs wont smell it. i dont know about a large stash though, that may be a little bit excessive.

4. ninfan77

ninfan77 Member

2 words. Vacuum Sealed.

5. SG69

SG69 Member

None of that will work, a dog smells like we see. We can separate colors of sight, dogs can separate smells and can even smell through things. Sure you can hide your stash in coffee or whatever but if a dog could talk it'd say "I smell coffee, pepper, and weed!" while sniffing around your pot.

Of course I didn't know all this until I read an article on it in High Times and bought the DVD from http://www.nevergetbusted.com very very informative DVD.

6. ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO Senior Member

They train dogs to communicat this way if something does smell funny to the dogs... Dogs will not intentionally sniff PEPPER.. Police dog will get irritated...Depends on the level of training of the dog....

7. foxtr0t

foxtr0t Member

you guys think too hard... air-tight glass jars.... besides its the best way to store and cure weed..

8. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

9. Captain Chronic

Captain Chronic Member

Why the hell would the drug dogs "intrude" anyway? Just don't give them a reason to go to your house. Pretty sure that drug dogs dont just go sniffing around neighborhoods looking for drugs.

10. Catweazleandfreind

Catweazleandfreind Member

I was concerned if the house was 'raided'!I dont know what part of the world your from,'Chronic' but where I'm from this SH*T is illegal!!

11. Ricky Martinez

Ricky Martinez Member

I totally agree

12. This is beef

This is beef Member

Get some rabbit's blood, mix it with cocaine and get the dog's mussel going in that. He won't smell anything for some time.

13. fishheadbob

fishheadbob Member

Brilliant!! If you don't want to get caught with weed, use cocaine to throw the dog off. Absolutely fucking brilliant.
    Now you know why it's called dope.

14. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

Get smell proof bags.

They cost a pretty penny but they work.

15. st3wy

st3wy Member

very very true dogs can sniff through fuckin anything dogs are a nightmare i hear the only trick to ditur them is to coat your stash in vaseline but i'm not even sure if that works. seems like the jelly would lock in the molecules?

16. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

depends on if you're hiding a stash, or a grow.

hiding a stash CAN be done, but the biggie mistake most people make in bagging it, is they don't wear gloves, and get 'smelly goodness' all over the outside of the bag as well. triple layered ziplock baggies, with a fresh change of disposable gloves and a dunk in a combination surfactant and degreaser then cleansed with alcohol

bag your weed wearing gloves, then pull them and seal the bag with a fresh pair of gloves, 'wash' the bag with the degreaser and alcohol, then fresh pair of gloves, then bag again, lather rinse repeat for 3 layers or more, then package in a vacuum bag, wash again, and then jar it. One of my friends did this, had hiding spots in his car, got sniffed many times. Said he learned when he was a kid back in the 70's working for some people that don't need to be named that were very serious about 'loss of product'

If you package like you're working in a sterile sanitary environment, like you're handling a contagious biohazard...then it's possible for the dogs to sniff, snort, and pass the item. Some people'd call this paranoid, BUT better paranoid than sitting in a cell for a few years with a cellmate that thinks you're cute.

If you're hiding a grow, that's a bit more of a test of your ninja skills, but it CAN be done.

17. Born25YearsTooLate

update:

Doing some research, the odorants from pot/hash come from volatile terpene compounds. These can be adsorbed (chemically neutralized through bonding, rather than just sucked up) with activated carbon (the activated charcoal you can get for pool filters, water filters, etc) Wrapping your stash securely, cleanly, as I've stated above, then surrounding it with a layer of activated carbon should cut odors to be even below the typical police dog's detection threshold. (a lot of hunters use activated charcoal clothing to prevent deer/game animals from catching their scent) The size of the stash will determine the volume of activated carbon. I would use 1lb per pound of stash, completely enveloping the (at least) triple or better wrapped brick.

Hard to smell something if there's 'nothing to smell', savvy?

If you're transporting, transport ASAP. The longer it sits, the less useful 'scent-breaking' like this becomes. I'd still encase the wrapped and carbon clad brick in something airtight, and non-organic, like a metal box with the interior layered with silicone sealant compound

BTW, OP, the officers are trained to pick up on a dog giving an 'odd' or 'uncomfortable' response specifically because people try to cover up the scent with unpleasantness. That's not helping you, and in fact, if the dog gets injured, in many places, you can be charged with assault, just as if you'd injured an officer. Most of the scents that we'd use to cover will just be like a flare to a dog anyway.

Neutralization's the way to go.

18. Tibbles

Tibbles Banned

hide your stash outside. I'm pretty sure if your house was to get raided they wouldnt look around outside for your stash

19. Born25YearsTooLate

That honestly depends on how determined the LEOs are to find something. If they think you've got a 'sizable quantity' hanging around, they'll dig up your yard, rip up your flower bed. Don't count on it being 'outside' to save your ass. At least, with being outside, you can deny accountability, as in yeah, it's on your property, but that doesn't mean that you put it there, whereas in your house, you're considered to have 'ultimate control' over all things entering and leaving. Might not get you off the charges, but it's got a better chance.

20. LikeanArtist

LikeanArtist Member

Agreed. Myth Busters did an episode on how to trick the dogs, none of their attempts worked. The dogs smelled right through the pepper.
    If it is a male dog, the scent of a lady would be quite tempting.

I've never seen the Never Get Busted Again dvd, but I read about it on NPR (and studied in an intro Pol. Sci. class) and the guy who made is an ex-DEA agent who got tired of the fucked up system. He made more arrests than any other in the state of Texas but was tired of arresting prominent Texans. The dvd details how the ppl he arrested fucked up.
    Should be a fucking amazing knowledge base.