purty hair

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by OpheliaBlue, Jan 17, 2005.

1. OpheliaBlue

OpheliaBlue Member

This is kinda weird, but I guess I'm hoping for a bit of help/advice here.

I have long hair, all one length, down to my waist. It's a bit mousy, but otherwise nice and healthy. I want to get it cut, but keep it long in the back. What I was thinking of is something along the lines of long bangs (to frame the face), and more layers keep it from looking too mousy.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this here is because I was hoping that some of you ladies with hair like I have described wouldn't mind posting pictures so I can get an idea. And something to show my stylist. I'm just tired of thumbing through endless magazines of "Jennifer Aniston" dos, and google images doesn't have much either. I'm looking for something pretty and natural (I'm just tired off ALL one length, ya know?).

Oh and here's a crap picture of what it looks like now:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I'd appreciate any and all help, thanks!
    xoxoxo

ps. This is my last hope. If it doesn't work, I'm just going into my stylist's and saying simply "Surprise me". And that will be that!

2. Oh I love your hair!
    Im scared of hair stylists now....
    Mine grows so SLOW...I went months without getting it cut. It was the longest it had been since I was younger. I went and got 4 inches cut off which is a lot to me. Then 2 months later I knew I would be on the road doing shows so I went back in to get a trim. A TRIM...he asked how much i said forth of a inch. He took ANOTHER 4 INCHES OFF....my hair is now a little past my shoulders. I went home and cried! ha ha

anyway...I have layers in mine. Always have and love them.....I also have bangs. Right now I use hair sticks to keep it up so I dont realize how short it is.

You could get some long bangs cut then swoop them over.....
    With the layers around your face.

ill see if i have any pictures....I dont go for a style anymore just something different and I color it all the time with different reds or pinks...You probably wouldnt want to do that with your hair being so long and gorgeous!

3. _CT

_CT Member

you're so pretty <3

4. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

yeah long layers and bangs sounds good. My hair was the same length as yours until Sunday night when I had just had enough of it, and cut it all off myself. A bit shorter than I was planning (now comes to the top of my shoulders, yikes) but that's what you get when you cut your own hair for the first time.

5. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

whatever you do, do NOT get short bangs. and DO NOT let the stylist convince you to cut it all off.

Instead of Jennifer Aniston hairstyles, try lookin at Phoebe hair styles :)
    She's always had long hair on the show.

Long bangs is what i have, like basically just the front is layered...although i want to get it all layered again..but that's also cuz i have curly hair, and i want it to be more full on the top...anyways....

You don't want them to start too short...mine are usually between my nose and my lips, usually once it hits the chin, that's when i find them too long...

[​IMG]

like that! Except now the actual length of my hair is like 5 inches passed half way down my back. oh yeah. woohoo.

6. OpheliaBlue

OpheliaBlue Member

THANKS Lucy! I like the idea of having wispy bangs like that, which hit just below the nose like yours. And the rest layered.

Very nice, thank you, now I have a general something to tell my stylist. :)

Agreed, NO short bangs.

NEVER AGAIN! [/british accent]

7. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

What's wrong with short bangs??

8. OpheliaBlue

OpheliaBlue Member

I hate the way they look, especially on me.

I just personally find longer/no bangs more sexy.

9. pantalimon

pantalimon Member

When did the whole of Dreamviews invade? :eek:

:rolleyes: kiss arse (just cause u swapped saliva)

I'm a bit of a perve when it comes to hair, I don't know why, long hair with a bit of a curl and I'm gone. Although I don't really belive I'm saying this OB, it needs more body so off with the down to your arse.

Just get a very long bowl... maybe a long bucket and cut round it :sunglasse

P.s I thought you told me you were 24? You actually look 24 btw

10. _CT

_CT Member

:D
    HAH, see babe, somebody else saying the same thing. Now you HAVE to believe it, dammit!. You're damn' hot and dont you deny it for once. :confused:

11. pantalimon

pantalimon Member

True, I had a girlfreind, landsape architect who looked like you, (same hair but blonde, kinky shit) all my mates used to fancy her and I remember taking her to an art exhibition and people wispering about why the gourgeous chick was with me.... I really should lay off the pre pub bottle of wine :p

Right off to the pub...

12. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

hey man no problem :)
    I'm sure whatever you deside on it will look great! just DONT get rid of the legnth, you'll hate yourself for it! :rolleyes:

13. OpheliaBlue

OpheliaBlue Member

Agreed!

And thanks CT and pantalimon for your sweetness. Sorry panta if I gave you the impression I was 24. I only ever lie about my age on dreamviews when I'm trying to fuck with newbies. Weird though, normally I say I'm 12 with 4 kids or something weird like that. Hehe, so sorry about that man. :&

14. Zeppelin Girl

Zeppelin Girl Member

you have a really pretty face.you should diff show it off with alot offace framing and long layers would would look awesome too.

15. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

dreaddies babe:)

16. OpheliaBlue

OpheliaBlue Member

OMG sweetdreadlover, you're right!!!

I should have done this years ago:

before:
    [​IMG]
    after:
    [​IMG]

17. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

~* LOL, I'm too phobic about haircuts (with damn good reason) and deparately in need of a trim but don't trust anyone to do it. I just use headbands, clips, braids... Post something when yah finally go to the butcher shop and let us know how it went.*~