purchasing salvia.

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by bowie, Jun 17, 2005.

1. bowie

bowie Member

on www.iamshaman.com they sell...
    non-standardized 6x extracts for 5.99$ a gram
    standardized 6x extracts for 10.99$ a gram
    non-standardized 10x extracts for 9.99$ a gram
    standardized 10x extracts for 17.99$ a gram
    and
    foliage for 7.99$ an ounce

... so now for my questions.
    what does it mean to be standardized?
    what is foliage?
    why is it so much cheaper? (i get the concept of extracts but are they really that much more potent?) i took the 6x literally as in 6 times as much... i do believe there are 28 grams in an ounce, meaning that in getting the foliage youd be getting 28 times more for 2 dollars more... factor in that its 6x i guess you could say its really like 6 grams? meaning your getting 22 more grams for 2 dollars more? i know i must be missing something, please let me know

2. Mother Gecko

Mother Gecko Member

Salvia foliage would be just straight off the plant untouched leaf matter. When making extracts a solvent is used to remove the desired plant alkaloids and it evaporated off then infusing the left over alkaloids 'extract' onto more foliage. So in order to make 1 gram of 10X extract you would need 10 grams of foliage, you would set aside 1 gram being 1X, the extract the 9 grams of 9X infusing it onto the 1 gram set aside totalling 1 gram of 10X extract. Standardized methods are as close to exact as possible reproducing the same quality product gram to gram meaning, if you ordered one gram of 10X it should be eqivelent to any other gram of 10X they sell. So no the 6X does not mean yuor getting 6 time more product that is just how the extract is rated on its potency. I run Mother Gecko Botanicals (www.mothergeckobotanicals.com) the store you are seeing banner adversitements for here on hipforums now. Give us a shot if you like and support the people whom are supporting this great site! Thanks and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
    MGB

3. bowie

bowie Member

thank you, i appreciate it, and ill definately check out your store

would you reccomend buying an ounce of foliage or 3 grams of 6x extract?
    based on the prices above
    id definately be getting more for my money but i read on erowid that smoking alot irritates the lungs alot. so i dont know, i was also considering buying both and attempting to sell the foliage by the gram and see how that goes. but i dont want to be ripping people off. can you even reach the effects with 1 gram of foliage? any information you can give is appreciated

4. Mother Gecko

Mother Gecko Member

I prefer extracts myself to foliage as it just has more bang for the buck. Foliage if it is quality can be great too if done properly. Check out our package deals page too as it my peak your interests. But sure you could sell grams of it, but extract is much better and I'd choose standardized over non. Thanks for checking us out. MGB

5. Oscar2007

Oscar2007 Member

Iamshaman.com is cheap for a reason, fourth class product and service:

Have ordered some stuff from them on April, 29, they've notified me my order had been dispatched in May, 4, since then I'm still waiting. I'm in Europe, and as I get it they are American-based, still 3 weeks waiting is a bitch. To boot, they don't provide any means to track the shipment and this is discouraging.
    Anyway, I believe I'll finally get it and will report on quality.
    Peace.

addendum:

Well, another update.
    3 days ago I've sent 'em a message asking whether there is any problem with my shipment, yesterday they have replied telling me that when the shipment leaves their office and gets into hands of mail and customs people things may get really sloooow. They say i should be patient and wait till 30 full days pass since the parcel were shipped. If I still do not get my stuff they say they will resend it. So, if this coming Monday (31 full days) I still do not get my goodies I will e-mail them to resend the goodies. Will keep you all folks informed.
    Snail mail is a bitch!

Frogdog7 | http://www.drugsandbooze.com/showthread.php?t=8795Tue, 9 Jan 2007 12:47AM(kids ordering stuff from IAS) I have a friend that is under age that ordered stuff from IamShaman with no problem using his debit card.

Robin | http://badbusinessbureau.com/reports/ripoff223663.htmTue, 9 Jan 2007 12:44AMIamshaman.com Product never shipped. 30 days to refund 2 days to debit my account Ripoff Chicago Illinois

Company
    Iamshaman.com
    Address:
    iamshaman.com
    Chicago Illinois
    U.S.A.
    Phone Number:
    312-455- 8271
    Fax:

Salvia is not sold in stores. It is a great incense for meditation. This company told me they sent it out on November 17 2006 with a fraudulent tracking number. On December 2,2006, 18 days later I asked for my money back. They said it would take up to 30 days. Websites like those make me NEVER want to buy on line. I am glad it was only $15.00

binghamton, New York

Orb | http://www.entheogen.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-6789.htmlTue, 9 Jan 2007 12:27AMI think his main trouble (iamshaman.com) is that he has become too big, IAS is just one of many of his online entheogen web sites. There are a few more sites that he sells all kinds of things through too so he isn't handling the biz himself, mostly employees. When he was doing everything himself there was rarely a complaint.

If you want to be sure to get first class service through any business, buy from the little guy, you are far more important to them.

Brujo | http://www.entheogen.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-6789.htmlTue, 9 Jan 2007 12:26AMNever mind price, even if IAS undercut all other vendors by 50%, I wouldn't buy from them again.

It's the quality and freshness of the herbs that is lacking IMHO. And I believe that's what SmallTownSmoker was getting at, he paid money for something that was supposed to perform in a certain way, and it didn't perform.

This has been my experience too with everything I have tried from them, so I use them no more.

smalltownsmoker | http://www.entheogen.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-6789.htmlTue, 9 Jan 2007 12:24AMFUck Iamshaman they have robbed me of too much dough already...spread the word were takin 'em DOWN!:evil:

curly | http://pharmacywatchers.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/703109892/m/357101013Tue, 9 Jan 2007 12:19AMI wrote an email to the shopkeeper at IamShaman explaining my situation and that I was very dissatisfied.... Good luck to others placing orders with this company the first time. I hope the shopkeeper isn't as rude to you!!

niki2 | http://pharmacywatchers.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/703109892/m/357101013Tue, 9 Jan 2007 12:17AMI'm also having problems with Iamshaman.com......I ordered some Kratom from them a few weeks ago. Everything went very smoothly and recieved order in 2 days priority mail. I was so impressed by their "fast and professional" service I decided to order some other products from them (some herbal teas, and some powdered kava root). I recieved my email saying they got my order, but never recieved the email saying it was shipped. I called them the next day... they said they couldn't ship to my state because we have brand new import laws not allowing it (sounds fishy). I told them they just shipped to me a week ago, the guy says, it's a brand new law, less than a week old. So, I told them okay,,,,, in the meantime I get an email from them saying the order was shipped and they gave me usps confirmation # (only problem with this is that the confirmation # belonged to my 1st order).

In the meantime, my credit card was charged (not just a "hold", but charged)..TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT (this has been going on since 6/25) I spoke with someone on the phone 3 times and was told order did not ship and they would refund my credit card. I recieved 2 emails from Bodhi (apparently the owner) saying my order was accidentally shipped. WELL, here it is almost 2 weeks later and still no shipment and no refund. I have been very nice with these people up until this point.

I emailed them one final time this morning informing them that they need to refund my money today,,,we shall see... If the credit is not posted to my account by tommorrow I will simply dispute the charges with my c.c. company. No big deal for me, I will get my money back, I was just trying to give them every chance in the book to fix this on their own because if they get too many disputes with credit card companies it probably won't look real good for them.

Sorry this is so long. I just wanted to let everyone know about their business practices. I have been decieved by these people and would not recommend them. Curly, I have heard that mrkratom.com is good website to purchase kratom. I think their turnaround is about 2 days. I'm sorry this happened to you, hope you make it through the weekend okay.

EROCKx1 | http://www.entheogen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6601&page=3Tue, 9 Jan 2007 12:11AMI do not like the fact that the (IAS) seeds were promoted as viable and easy to germinate, when in fact they are not. Made me feel as a horticulturist failure until getting involved with this thread.

J-DAWG | http://www.entheogen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6601Tue, 9 Jan 2007 12:09AMto iamshaman aka shamanite the fuckin dyke

ya very kind
    but ya need to check ur mind
    i promise ya aint hard to find
    talkin bout how ya move weight
    but its kinda funny how ya gotta wait
    ya aint got tha hustlin trait
    YOU FAKE, punk bitch ya gonna get shaked
    get on ur knees for ur on sake
    talkin bout tha verbal battle
    nigga ya dont wanna battle
    my trunk pop and rattle
    ya money movin like cattle
    ya gf fuck me wearin a saddle
    this is bout respect so get ya mind correct... BITCH

no need for more you dont want more.. put it on the verbal battle bitch.

Locus | http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3096286/Main/3062615Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:57PMI can tell you a few things I've come across (inside an IAS order) that I didn't like though. On one occasion I found little pieces of sharp plastic in my powdered kratom. And many times now they have delayed my shipment and had me call them back because I change the name on the shipping ...even though I've been through this and explained to them 4 or 5 times now each time I've bought from them.

jacky | www.entheogen.comMon, 8 Jan 2007 11:47PM3 years ago a person at Iamshaman claimed that they were selling 250,000 dollars worth of kratom a quarter. Now I wonder about those figures.

Brujo de la Colonia | http://www.entheogen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6789&page=2Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:45PMI'd have to agree, IAS does suck. They also like to play the sock puppet game. What I mean by that, is you can go to "other vendors" on the web, but many of them are IAS wearing a different name. Same people behind the curtain, same products, same bullshit.

I don't trust any vendor greedy enough to play the sock puppet game.

If IAS was all they claimed to be, then they would never need to hide behind other site names just in order to keep selling product when folks become pissed at the IAS name.

Hammond | http://www.entheogen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6789&page=2Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:41PMI'd like to point out something I just noticed. IAMSHITMAN sells thier sincuichi seeds with the same picture of seeds they use for their cactus seeds. How f***ed up is that? Come on, at the very least post a picture of the plant. Here's some links to show you. Don't buy from them, they rip people off, I wouldn't be shocked if all the different cacti seeds they sell are just one kind, after all, customers wouldn't be able to tell for years down the road. Who's going to be able to dispute it then. Just Boycott IAS, I've never had to really say that about anybody, but they're really a bogus vendor!

So what are they cactus seeds or sinicuchi seeds, would you trust this vendor. They would probably sell you old Pedro seeds they've had for years and tell you they're fresh viable torch, bridgesii, ect. What BS!

Selling unviable, Kratom seeds, and god knows what else...

EROCx1 | http://www.entheogen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6789&page=2Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:40PMI bought the Shaman Tea - Relaxing Chai which says "contains natural Stevia so sweeten with care". Uggg, it taste horrible, you can not put enough sweetener to make it taste good and there is so much dust in the bag you have to filter it 3 -4 times. However if you desire to put all that aside, ...

Supposedly Contains: Select organic blue lotus petals, damiana, green tea, hibiscus petals. The addition of lavender flower, bergamot, sage, spearmint and rose petals. But there is nothing close to Blue in the bag, so I doubt if there is any Blue Lotus in it.

GeorgeKushMon, 8 Jan 2007 11:37PMGeorgeKush11th February 2006, 08:13 AM
    Blue Lotus from IAS = BUNK
    AMANITA MUSCARA FROM IAS = BUNK

Inferno420 | http://www.entheogen.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-4668.htmlMon, 8 Jan 2007 11:35PMwell i recently ordered from IAS and it came fast as hell, i ordered my stuff on saturday morning and it came in on teusday, that is fuckin fast. few complaints though, i ordered nymphea and they gave me nelumbo nucifera, that pissed me off, cuz i heard that nelumbo tastes bitter in wine, and i ordered some blue lotus 25:1 standardized extract powder, and i think its bunk, it says verifiable nuciferin content but i dunno. maybe im not using it correctly? any suggestions? pm me.

Will | http://forum.grasscity.com/general/50053-legalhighs-org.htmlMon, 8 Jan 2007 11:23PMgo to www.iamshaman.com and do some extensive research on erowid.com about specific plants off of iamshaman.com and you will see that there are extracts you can do e.t.c. For example you can get N-N-DMT from mimosa rootbark. Theres a lot of stuff you can extract from natural herbs/plants.

GeorgeKush | http://www.entheogen.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-6894.htmlMon, 8 Jan 2007 11:19PMiamshaman sucks, they suck so bad they asked to get off gliders merchant rating page, haha I hear they are mainly known for their salvia being good, but i ordered amanita muscaira and blue lotus, and man do they suck.
    Some of the mushrooms werent even Amanita.

J.T. | http://redangels.yage.net/Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:15PMI spent $200.00 on internet mushrooms purchased from Iamshaman and all I felt was irritated, sweaty and ripped off. I spent $65.00 on Soma 101 and now I have the confidence to gather my own Amanita muscaria and the payoff will last a lifetime!

zebzebMon, 8 Jan 2007 11:10PMIamshaman is a rip-off site in my opinion. Yes they send you product and sometimes it is of decent quality, but then they send you [censored] and refuse to refund or reship. In fact, when I mentioned to them that their kratom leaves smelled and looked like straw and had no effect they threatened that I may be breaking the law by drinking kratom tea and informed me that I was banned from their site. Anyone who posts a long, glowing report about any site has an ulterior motive so beware.

6. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

Salvia pimp is the cheapest I've seen on the net. I got a christmas deal that was 7 grams of 20x extract for only $90.00 us!

7. Pepopstico

Pepopstico Member

Salvia Pimp has some low prices. How is their product? Is it as good as their competitors who charge 2 or 3 times as much?

8. Stand.

Stand. Member

When I go to America this year, I want to try Salvia, whil i'm over there. How much money will I need? For a dose that will be enough for me to experience Salvia's full effects? And do you have to be over 18 to buy it in a store?

9. bbbeccaaa

bbbeccaaa 12345678910

I'm not 100% sure about prices, but all the places I've been to you have to be 18 to buy it, 19 in some states. There are probably a ton of headshops around that sell it to you without ID though.

10. Stand.

Stand. Member

Damn, hopefully I will be able to find someone to but it for me, I don't feel game going int heaps of different shops trying to find someone who will let me buy it.

11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

no they didnt mean incense and this was asked in 2005. dont necropost please....why wouldn't you just search ''salvia'' instead of dropping your paid link?

12. Skop's

Skop's Very old member, but young

Here in Italy is illegal :( :( :(

13. Stevendz

Stevendz Members

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

are you allowed to post in this thread if you're not spamming your website?