Purchasing FL Studio 12 producer edition

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by YungSAVi, Oct 12, 2018.

1. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

I don't know if i'm in the right forum to post this or not.
    but i wanted to ask everyone here, am i a criminal because i'm using a pirated copy of FL studio 12?
    instead of purchasing it, when i am too broke to be able to afford the software at the moment, the fl studio producer edition is $200, and the fruity edition is $99.00
    i'd rather have the producer edition because it has all the features i'm interested in, unlike the fruity edition.
    i have only sold one beat, that i've made with this program, and has made plenty of other beats (unsold)
    with an unlegitimate copy, i will purchase the software when i have enough to get it, i don't condone piracy, and i hated when people did it, but what's i'm supposed to do, when music and producing beats is my passion?
    i can't just stop making beats UNTIL i get the $200 to pay for it, that will be a long time from now, and times are rough at this point, any questions?

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well. For me. Whenever I downloaded a cd, I went and bought that cd soon after. If I liked the cd. If I didn't, Pfff.. It's sitting it a 64 cd case holder in the garage somewhere. Has never been spun again. Never made money. Was never listened to by anyone.

So, are you going to responsibly rip these people off too? :p when you get the money, you should pay for it properly.

YungSAVi likes this.
  3. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

Nah, I'm gonna actually pay for the program, and get lifetime free upgrades, whenever i get the money for it, i don't know when, but it WILL get done.
    i never made videos with the program on youtube, but if i did, the company would have sued me, and i can't have that on me.
    because they did that with some guy i watched on youtube, they sued him, and now he's went legit by buying the software, which is what i want to do.
    but i don't want to be known as a "thief" or a criminal, because i am neither or, i believe in doing the right things as a responsible adult should.
    but i am flat broke right now, $200 won't be easy to make, it's hard selling beats these days, especially when there's plenty of other producers on youtube doing the same thing, and they have TONS of views and subscribers, i don't, i have 351 subs, good enough, but i need more, it takes time and hard work.
    the same hard work i am doing with my music, even if it ISN'T a legit copy.

4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Wannabe lawyers, judges, politicians, rich, and famous people all claim to know who is a criminal, while they also tell us who owns the patents and copyrights on even your DNA. You are what you is, and dats all it tis, and living in a country where the 5% of the people who own everything tell everyone else what to believe.

YungSAVi likes this.
  5. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

Thanks, but what're you saying, basically? i'm not quite following lol.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Could you use the free trial or something?

YungSAVi likes this.
  7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah... Nobody can.

YungSAVi likes this.
  8. soulcompromise

You could try a free DAW. They're not as cool, and I understand that, but at least you wouldn't be doing something unethical while waiting to buy FL Studio Producer Edition. You don't have to use that one either. I've been learning in a class I'm taking (Introduction to Music Technology) that there is no right or wrong DAW. They're all ok. I think Reaper is pretty cheap according to @Tyrsonswood Making Music With A Computer

Anyway here is a link to the free DAWs on this site that I post on. There's a ton of them! :) Enjoy.

Free plugin host

ZenKarma and YungSAVi like this.
  9. soulcompromise

Looks like Reaper is free for 60 days. That seems like a pretty good deal.

That sounds like it would be enough time to save up for a legitimate copy of the ImageLine stuff. And you might even change your mind and decide to keep Reaper instead. I have been an Ableton customer since I don't remember when. But now that I've learned a little bit about music production I'm feeling like it's less necessary to purchase the more expensive versions of Ableton (i already tried 10 suite, and have 8 Intro and/or 9 Lite). In the short run I'd say I'm interested in Reaper, but in the long run I guess I already have Ableton 8 Intro.

But yea, if you're asking me I would say there are better ways to make beats than on a pirated copy. :innocent:

YungSAVi likes this.
  10. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I used to download music on the sly but I've stopped doing it. I feel better about myself by buying it. That said, I understand about not having the money. I guess just buy it when you can. Sorry I ain't got better advice.

ZenKarma and YungSAVi like this.
  11. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

Thanks for the program recommendations.
    But i am so used to fl studio, and other programs will be harder for me to use.

12. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

i will look into reaper today, thanks.

soulcompromise likes this.
  13. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

it’s okay, I don’t have any other way around this, as i love the program, and without making beats for a while, I’d be hella bored, i would just watch tutorials on beats but that will only tease me knowing I can’t touch FL again until i have that $200

14. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

Trials have limits to certain things you can do, whereas having the full version, you can do soo much more.

15. wooleeheron

I'm saying its a crime to be poor in the US where white collar crime might as well be legal. That's why people have been stealing downloads every chance they get and the blockchain has caught on like wildfire, because there is no damned justice in or out of court. The fucking judges are even compelling people to testify against themselves, and have no credibility whatsoever any more. The people are merely electing whoever advertises the most, and the government as a whole has no credibility anymore, but if you don't mind them deciding what's a crime based on who pays them the most money, that's up to you.

Fuck em all, you either pay it forward or mama nature gonna getcha!

16. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

Understood

17. wooleeheron

The only thing to remember about Robin Hood, was he always paid it forward and never let idiots tell him what he couldn't do.

YungSAVi likes this.
  18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Hmm... I don't know man.

I wouldn't worry too much. I mean.... I respect your moral code here completely. But... This is music we're talking about here. You're trying to feed the soul. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I say... Pay for it when you can. Until then? Eh. Keep on using FL Studio.

YungSAVi likes this.
  19. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

Thank you so much, this what i needed, closure, as I cannot do anything else, music all that makes me happy.

McFuddy likes this.
  20. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I understand completely.

YungSAVi likes this.