pulled over on I-10 with 4lbs of b.c.

Discussion in 'Busted!' started by kola87, May 28, 2007.

1. kola87

kola87 Member

A friend of mine sells lbs of B.C. at a popular Lousisna college and asked me to make a run from Houston to Lousisna for about $400, I accepted the offer and was on my way.Towards the end of the trip, I get pulled over for making a lane change within 100ft of a vehicle. The officer immiedetly asks me to step out of my car and tells me about the lane change violation and then he runs my license and insurrance. He comes back after a few minutes with my stuff and asks me questions like where Im going and asked me a bunch of random questions then tells about drugs being transported on I-10 and asks me if I have anything illegall and I say no and then asks if he can search my car, I tell him Im in a hurry and there is no probable cause and he says ok and 10 seconds later a black suburban with a canine in the back comes out and starts smelling around my car and the officer soon finds the 4lbs of marijuana hidden in a bag in my car. Im pretty fuked, I got a felony Possesion W.I.T.D. and had a $40,000 bail. After two days in jail, I talked to my lawyer and told him its my first offense, I go to school, and I was just delivering it to a friend who was paying me. He said he will try to lobbby for a misdemeanor and probation so maybe things will get better

2. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

That sucks dude. You didn't drop your friend's name, did you?

Keep us posted on that shit man.

3. TeknoShaman

TeknoShaman Member

I'm sorry man; I think they need to be cracking down on the violent alcohol dealers rather than the chilled-out mary jane dealers. It's silly.

4. skullkidnate

skullkidnate ナサニエル

Sorry man that sucks balls.

5. Alaxsxa

Alaxsxa Member

They must have planned that or something because to have a canine unit on call for that is ridiculous and the reason you were pulled over is bs (i have never heard of that rule before and i didnt get any questions wrong on my written drivers license exam). Good luck, i hope everything turns out ok for you.

6. High_Times_w_Kumar

High_Times_w_Kumar Member

a cop cant hold you with out probalble cause or search your car with out either, probable casue for your consent. so you shouldnt be charged with that and if your lawyer is smart he'll fight for that reason

7. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

man i let out the biggest sigh when i read that.

im really sorry man.,

8. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

The dog smelling something is probable cause.

9. Bud_Man

Bud_Man Member

He's saying before the K-9 Unit came, the cop held him until then without cause except for the assumption of drug's get smuggled in that area alot. Which is bullshit, because you can't assume every car has 4lb's of bud in it.

10. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

no they can keep you there as long as they want, same as bein detained for questioning..

you know the phrase, "your not under arrest, we just want to ask you some questions".

the probable cause is easy,, they make that shit up at that point. "he was nervous" etc.

most states you can be detained for 72 hours without bein charged with a crime.

also, if you dont cooperate they can an sometimes do get a warrant to search your vehicle.

as far as the passing to close, i was with a guy in arizona who got pulled for following to close,an there was no accident.so yeah it can happen..

11. diggity2

diggity2 Member

sorry to hear that bro,really sucks :mad: , really does sound like some BS tho, to pull you over for making a lane change, and for the dog's to show up 10 sec later..

12. Baitot

Baitot Member

Wow what a shitty position. It feels like one little thing can ruin your whole life. Things will get better.

About the whole searching thing. Once you are given a ticket you are technically under arrest so they have the right to search your body "for their protection", and also your car. The supreme court has upheld this law so if you get pulled over for a ticket they can technically search you and your car... unless your state has stricter laws protecting your privacy.