pulled in two directions...

Discussion in 'Activist Polls' started by gypsymama, Jan 5, 2008.

1. gypsymama

gypsymama Member

ive been very much against this war and any war....but then my kid brother , whom i love dearly enlisted and is now serving his second mission in iraq..so...how do i not support my kid brother, because i want him home so bad??? Hes aware i hate him having involvment....but that was his choice.

2. gillphish02

gillphish02 Member

You don't have to support the war to support the troops. It is not their fault that we are engaging in an illegal war for our governments hidden agendas. Vote for Ron Paul the only candidate who will bring your brother home ASAP.

3. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

Support the troops getting home, not the war.
    Peace

4. J-Bo

J-Bo Member

I completely support the troops and I completely detest this war. I joined the Marine Corps in 2005 because I felt the hippie culture should be represented and I felt like I could maybe make some sort of substantial change if I had access to the inside, and I promise I was not the only one. Maybe your brother is one of these? Support his involvement; you're brother is in a unique position to be able to protest decisions on the front line if he has the guts and doens't mind a little brig time, but imagine if the masses started refusing to fight over there! With enough support, the troops could maybe help send themselves home.

I don't know, it's probably all too far fetched, wishful thinking. But a girl can dream, can't she?

(BTW, I was only in for a year because I broke my feet and they wouldn't heal at all for MONTHS.)

5. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

thats an idea
    Peace

6. gypsymama

gypsymama Member

he detests being over there again. i just get so tired of people telling me..."how can you not support the war or bush and support your brother" its so aggrevating ya know? omg j bo what happened?? that sounds awful...?

7. J-Bo

J-Bo Member

It wasn't too bad! It got me out!

It's really not a cool story. I was walking across a bridge right on the edge, and my right foot rolled off funny and broke (?!?) but I didn't tell anybody until a month and a half later when the other one broke because of the change in pressure. So, yeah... I wish it was something hard core, but no such luck!

8. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

ouch!
    Peace

9. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

my brother, told me about a guy at fort dix, where he went through basic training, who one night after lights out, went into the head, and choped his fingers off of his right hand, and flush them down the toilet, so he would not be sent to vietnam. now, thats one hell of a big ouch! makes me over joyed that i am 4-f due to an anxiety disorder!

10. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

thats one crazy/brave guy
    Peacr

11. gypsymama

gypsymama Member

no kiddin, hel be home in november...i think for good. then hes tranfering to ok th train others till hes out...