Psychedelic metal

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by death-metal, Jul 11, 2013.

1. death-metal

death-metal Member

Best music for blowing your mind when you're hallucinatory?

* Atheist

* Beherit

* Gorguts

* Morbid Angel

Perhaps the best way is if you can work up some surround sound, kill the lights and remove all stimulus. Just listen. It's harder than it sounds.

2. SilverScreen

SilverScreen Guest

Electric Wizard have to be the all time greatest out-there metal band. A great band to take your head on a trip somewhere when you're on drugs or not on drugs. Between Come My Fanatics and Dopethrone you have all the psychedelic metal you want.

But of course there's plenty of great bands worth mentioning: Ufomammut, Minsk, Acid King, Boris, Sunn O))) etc.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I saw Acid King live this weekend, they were great but still I can't regard them as metal. It's just very heavy stoner rock to me! :) I would say certain black metal is the most psychedelic for me, even when it was not primarily aimed to be so.

4. SilverScreen

SilverScreen Guest

Yeah I guess you could call Acid King heavy stoner rock more so than metal. There's some very trippy black metal (or black metal-influenced music) out there as well, such as Sigh, Enslaved and Arcturus. But even the usual suspects like Darkthrone, Mayhem and Burzum have an otherworldly quality to them.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I am listening to Enslaved as we speak :p Mainly because I wanted to post a song in the best of the 90's thread though (so listening to their pre-psych stuff) :D

6. thereaperman44

thereaperman44 Member

7. offset

offset Senior Member

No band beats ACID WITCH:):):)
    [​IMG]

Bojana and Comfortablynumb11 like this.
  8. the highway terror

the highway terror Member

uncle acid and the dead beats

monster magnet

orange goblin

kyuss

glowsun

these guys all have a black Sabbath meets the manson family type vibe that's trippy and evil.

listening to these guys under the influence of mind altering substances can cause permanent changes to ones psyche, be forwarned!!