ps4 games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by pandapandapanda, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Heard its coming out but so is Xbox coming out too. I am a fan of typical shooting games but I want to invest my money into the right system. I hear praise for ps4 a lot but Xbox has some cool games. I'm conflicted. I feel like I'd betray one for the other. Which is best!?

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I don't think anyone will know until the new systems come out o_O

3. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Supposedly, the new Xbox is crap. I have never liked the Xbox system personally, but I have never had a problem with PS.

4. My first station was PS nd since I played halo that was my favorite

5. AngelAus

AngelAus Member

My bf says all the new online systems the stations are pushing for will probably just make him stop playing games and "man" up. I think something is wrong when a casual gamer comes to this.

6. Gamers actually never quit. I spent a weekend with a friend trying to beat me at a COD

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Gamers quit. They're one of the biggest bunch of quitters tbh.
    "Err my Mage isn't working... Turn off"
    "Err I can't finish the level... Turn off"
    Etc.

I won't be able to play the new Xbox if it needs an earthed Internet connection 24/7. I only use my phone and iPad for a connection. I don't play Xbox online either, ever, at all... so I don't even need a connection.

8. Oh then I'm just weird then. I don't stop playing unless I have to sleep.

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Same here, and even if I did play online occasionally it would still be logical to be against that decision that you would have to be online once a day... But because it is so logical happily Microsoft withdrew that decision. So we are able to play singleplayer games without having to be connected to the internet for nothing :) I don't understand why they thought they could pull this off though, it sounds pretty consumer unfriendly to put it simply.
    In the past I preferred the xbox above ps2 and the 360 above ps3, it might change with the new ones but still not sure at all. I am still not convinced which console suits my taste best but I'm not in a hurry to buy a new one just yet. I can decide after the gamer fans have tried both systems out and enough games have been released to form a solid opinion :2thumbsup:

10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Your best investment is to NOT buy either and wait. They're still making 360 games, PVZ Garden Wars was one of the few new games that looked interesting to me and it will come to 360.

Also, if cloud processing is the future then there's no need for a $500 box. A $40 Android tv box can use a 360 controller and cloud stream games through a service like OnLive. With MS and Sony the games are super expensive, the console is super expensive, and now they both charge extra subscriptions to play online. My $40 android tv box is also a hell of a lot better media player than my 360 or PS3!

11. yahoohippegm

yahoohippegm Member

There's still not enough info for either system.

:2thumbsup:

12. broony

broony Banned

ps4 + extra controller and 2 or 3 new games... im guessing you'll need $1,000 at least..

or you just wait tell they drop the price and wait another 8 to 12 months..

also some introducing models have problems... we've seen this with many counsels.

13. yahoohippegm

yahoohippegm Member

Not to mention, most games that are coming out within 12 months of release are also coming to PS3 & 360. I'll be waiting until Fall 2014 before I even consider a new system.

:2thumbsup:

14. Asmodean

Exactly my thoughts. IF I buy a new console it will not be sooner than a year.

15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

$1,000?

I got a ps4, game, and year of online for $500.

16. Asmodean

Is playing online on the ps4 similar as on the xbox360? It was free on ps3.

17. unfocusedanakin

You have to pay for online with the PS4, but it's a bit cheaper then Xbox online.

18. broony

broony Banned

discuss how you got it for cheap. normally you have long good posts filled with information.

so don't let money talk you short.

19. Asmodean

Sounds like the basic package when you get a new console. Which in the case of ps4 is about €400.

20. unfocusedanakin

$400 for the PS4 on Amazon. Plus Amazon has a package deal for $500 that gives you the council, a game, and a year of PlayStation online. So you save $10 by buying it all at once.

I bet once the system comes out people will be willing to pay over $400 for it. And I think the offer on Amazon will not be there much longer. It actually was removed once, but a few days ago it was put back up. I think Sony only wants orders they are sure they can fill. It's called the launch day bundle, but I am not sure if I get it then since I did not order the first time out. Even I might be waiting a few months. From what I have read everyone is ordering and Sony can not keep up.

Here is the link. You can pick from a few games but I got Battlefield.
    http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Battlefield-Launch-Day-Bundle-4/dp/B00DE2W5XG"]Amazon.com: PlayStation 4 Battlefield 4 Launch Day Bundle: Video Games