Prozac?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by Hipkatmeow, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

I have been on just about every anti-depreassant adn have even been on anti-psychotics... and they either work and make me relaly really really sick or have no effect on me whatsoever.... I was perscribed Prozac this time... but am nervous to try it... has anyone ever been on this?

2. bathtubgin420

bathtubgin420 Member

prozac is for pirates

3. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

So I'm a pirate is what you are saying?

4. Mui

Mui Senior Member

im on it. it's cool. i like it. mmm. prozac... so yummy... i wouldnt worry... just makes you happy...

5. juggla

juggla Member

i was on it for 2 years before, i didnt experience any side effects, you dont feel any better until like a month after consistenly taking it, dont expect immediate results.

6. Mui

Mui Senior Member

i had results after about a week

7. stranger

stranger Member

pirates are for pirates

8. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

THanks for all the advice.... I'm starting it tomorrow just hoping it doesnt make me to sleepy so I can still chase around the little one.

9. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Most people get revved up for the first month or less that they are on it. It really isn't sedative. If you have sexual side effects (not being able to come is one of the most common) then talk to your doctor and she can put you on something else, like Paxil or Welbutrin, which have less side effects.

For a lot of people, this is a good drug for depression, as long as you are not Bi Polar.

10. The Flow

The Flow Member

Prozac´s not bad, but be careful, when ending the medication, you have to go out of it VERY, VERY slow, in case you don´t want headaches that last for weeks (I´ve already had them, and I´ve had lots of patients with the same problem).
    B.t.w.: Ever tried "Reboxetine"? I don´t know under which name they sell it in the US, here in Europe the common name is "Edronax"(R). It´s mainly used to treat depressive old people, but I´ve found out, that it also works very good for younger people with depressions, that have been so far not treatable with classic antidepressants or serotonine-inhibitors (like "Prozac"(R)). And it has the great advantage, that you can also use it for bi-polar-patients. 4mg in the morning and 2mg at noon should be an appropriate dosage, maybe ask your doctor about it?