proud to be Veg

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by RainbowCat, Jan 26, 2005.

1. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

the fact that im vegetarian makes me happy! i get these wonderful feeling inside, like i know i've made a wonderful choice in my life. I get this excited, happy feeling. It makes me like myself a little more. I also feel proud whenever i see an animal. I'm not trying to boast, im just sharing. I can't believe i've been vegetarian for over a year! that may not seem like a long time, but i used to love to eat meat (i dont know how!), and it was a huge change. Now im even thinking of going vegan. ANYWAYS....

ANYONE ELSE PROUD OF THE FACT THAT YOUR VEG? do you ever get that happy, feelnig i get?

2. PriceCheck

PriceCheck Senior Member

If you're only 17 I think that a year is a long time, you know, comparitively and whatnot. I'm glad you are so happy with your decision.

Personally I wouldn't say I'm proud of my veg*nism, but it stikes me as insane to be any other way. Eating dismembered corpses is just...weird.

3. gertie

gertie Senior Member

i'm proud too

4. hugs4hellokitty

hugs4hellokitty Member

Hey RainbowCat!
    I also feel that way about being a vegetarian. People always say to me, "Oh, that must be hard," "I could never do that," "Wow, you mean you never just go out and eat a juicy steak?" "Why?" But I never feel deprived. If anything, I feel I've gained more than I've given up and the most important thing I've gained is the knowledge that I'm doing something positive to change the world. And I feel good about that. I have also been a vegetarian for only a short time, a little over two years, but it is something I know I will be able to stick to for the rest of my life. Over time, my beliefs have only strengthened and not eating meat is pretty much second nature to me. I would also like to become vegan eventually and I know that will be much harder for me. For the time being, I am happy with my vegetarian lifestyle and am very proud of it. And I'm sure all my animal friends are happy about it, too!
    Best wishes to you,
    Laura

5. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Totally agree with everything previously mentioned. :)

Knowing what perfect souls animals have I honestly could never harm another creature, not one so sweet and beautiful.
    So that's the biggest thing for me, that I can look my rabbits, or any animal, in the eye and really truly mean it.
    Don't see how you could if you finacially endorse their killing.

6. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

I do feel particularly good about it when I'm around animals, especially when I pass the duck ponds, I almost feel like I can communicate with them now, like I'm more in tune with nature.

7. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I'm definatley proud of the good choices I've made regarding vegetarianism. I know that I will also be making the change to veganism probably within the next year or so and I'll probably feel even better. I also feel alot closer to the earth. There are so many reasons why it is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

hugs4hellokitty, welcome to the veg forums:)

8. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

I definitely feel a lot healthier being vegetarian. I don't crave chocolate and fattening foods and stuff anymore, and am perfectly content (oftentimes delighted) with simply an orange or apple instead.

9. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

Greets ... my name is Josh, and I, too, am proud to call myself a vegan! =)

So, my respect to all here who are proud as well! Here's to morality and kindness!

10. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

yeah, I do get that feeling too. Yeah, a big cheesy hug for everybody who gets that same vego buzz :)

11. OhMyJiMi84

OhMyJiMi84 Member

I just saw the movie "Super Size Me". I have never so never been so proud to be a vegan after watching it.

12. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

yes! this makes me happy!

13. amberfilter

amberfilter Member

Yes i am proud. And it is stated very well a few threads earlier that there was more gained than lost in the exchange. I like myself better and feel more at peace for it. I am coming upon one year myself.

14. Sunshine Daydreams

Sunshine Daydreams Member

I am also proud to be a veggie. I love it, and it makes me feel like I'm actually takiing part in the well being of the animals and the earth.

15. allisonmoonflower

allisonmoonflower Member

im so proud one year and one month!!!!!!!!!

16. maybejusthappy

maybejusthappy Member

yeah, I'm so proud. It makes me so happy that I made that decision!