Protest If Iran Is Invaded

Discussion in 'Protest' started by NickWhat, Apr 2, 2007.

1. NickWhat

NickWhat Member

If Iran is invaded by the United States, I plan on going to Washington, D.C.

I will not eat until we withdraw our troops. Iraq is bad enough, we do not need another Middle East conflict.

Will anyone attend?

2. evsride

evsride are you irie?

I'll be there

3. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

I'll be there too.

4. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

5. L.A.Matthews

Isn't it more to do with Britain at the moment though?

6. Zoomie

Britain is going to invade Iran??? With what help? They couldn't take back the Falklands without the US (property they stole anyway).

You want to see a blood-born revolution? Invade Iraq and reinstate the draft in the US. Bush and Cheney will end up bloated and hanging from the US Capitol portico, like Mussolini.

7. L.A.Matthews

Sorry, but last I knew America had no role in the Falkland War. Care to give some evidence of that?

8. Zoomie

We refueled your aircraft in 1982 because the few remaining commissioned Vickers Valiants the RAF was converting to tankers were not completed until 4 months AFTER the war started. The RAF had nothing with the range required for bombing missions all the way to Argentina. We also provided a hospital ship and minimal resupply as an ally.

Outside of that we couldn't be bothered with the last vestiges of British Colonialism.

EDIT: They probably don't teach you that in school because it would imply that the UK can't handle it's beer.

9. evsride

evsride are you irie?

sure Britain is dealing with the prisoner situation....but you can bet that the US is trying its damnest to provoke an even more serious international incident. Hell, the neocons are getting so desperate that I fear they may just go it alone sans incident (oh wups...maybe Israel will help) and try to bomb and/or invade Iran.

God help us all

10. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

British and American armed services are so integrated it will be hard for

one nation to fight and one to stay out of it.
    I wonder if people in the Mid-East view us as all one unit anyway.

We dont need any war in Iran. We need paitence.

11. Zoomie

Of course you're both correct. But you have to remember that a large portion of the "Arab World" see only three categories: Muslim males, Muslim females, Everyone Else (infidels). And they have every right to feel that way, Christians have been trying extra hard to exterminate them for nearly 1700 years.

Was just having a laugh L.A. Sorry if I offended you.

12. L.A.Matthews

The British has had the biggest empire since the Mongols (Probably?). The last time America tried 'handling it's beer' was the Vietnam. That didn't turn out so good, did it? And even then we had to send our commonwealth for help in the form of Australia.

13. mandell

mandell Banned

No offense. But the keyword is had.

14. TimeForChange

TimeForChange Member

15. L.A.Matthews

The British still have an empire, and it's the oldest surviving empire at that. Actually, it is still the biggest Commonwealth Empire in the world.

The reason why it had the biggest is because it gave independence to alot of the countries, and due to the fact that there aren't any new empires anymore. The last empire was the Central African Empire which lasted the whole of two years.

16. mandell

mandell Banned

Since you admit that the British still have an empire, therefore, it suggests that you still practice imperialism.

:)

17. L.A.Matthews

Of course we do.

Imperialism is the control of the economy of other countries, and seeming as the Queen's head is on the coins and bank notes of these countries - including Australia, Canada, New Zealand - we are still, technically, an imperialistic country.

18. Paxman

Paxman Banned

Sorry, I know I am a noobie here but the title of this thread caught my eye but on reading it I thought I would tell you that it is infact not an empire but simply a commonwealth. The parliament in Britain does not legislate over its commonwealth and membership of the commonwealth is volountary, unlike the empire which was forced 'membership'
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_empire
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Nations

19. L.A.Matthews

You're right, Pax. I was just refering to the 'empire' on a economical and cultural influence.

20. Zoomie

So you freely admit that Britain has a history of doing the same things that Bush has done? Invasion, colonization, subjugation, destruction of culture, destruction of ecology, etc? I ask because most of the British people I know refuse to even acknowledge that these things happened. You know, kind of like the Russians behave toward their former Soviet nation-states.

Vietnam was what we commonly refer to as a goat-fuck. A bad idea, poorly executed with little support from the masses. And we're not the only nation to "fuck a goat" in the name of "helping" a neighbor. I, more than anyone, would like to see the US military pull out of Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kuwait, Korea, Japan, and every other nation in which we have military personnel stationed. Then, dismantle the entire Department of Defense and return to "a well regulated militia" as the framers of the US Constitution intended, much like the Swiss. Stop getting involved in other nations' political bullshit. You can't save a world that doesn't seem to want to be saved, but there we are packing off our young men and women with weaponry everytime some tyrant has a revolution to quell. It's bullshit.If Iraq wants Kuwait, let them have it. If Iran wants Iraq, let them have it. If North Korea wants South Korea, what business is it of mine? It's a fact, we are a greedy, belligerent species that likes to kill. It;s a fact, people are going to die in wars. I'd prefer that my country and I no longer be involved. I don't believe I am alone in that preference.

People still seem to think that because I spent a few years in uniform that I'm some kind of warmonger. Nothing could be further from the truth. I don't support this or any war, I don't support Bush, I never even registered to vote until I was 33 years old and I've always voted Libertarian.

Thank you for listening.