Protest Against Wikipedia !!!

Discussion in 'Protest' started by sentient, May 4, 2007.

1. sentient

sentient Senior Member

They got the right to glorify this asshole and keep him famous - this asshole
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seung-Hui_Cho
    deserves no coverage in history. To keep his name alive is to diminish the name of those he killed and I am infuriated that these irresponsible idiots should have his name held up for posterity on wikipedia
    IN THE NEWSPAPERS yes !!!! on wikipedia for all time ???? no - this is not right they have no right to do this - now people will kill for fame there !!!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seung-Hui_Cho

2. sentient

sentient Senior Member

Dirk do you mean that you also agree with me or are you just saying - good luck in that way where it means - no chance?

I am serious - here in the uk nobody can commit a crime and be allowed to profit from it. So a criminal is not allowed to be paid for the story of how they did the crime etc - also we have laws which say that a criminal must not be given status above the victims of the crim in the media, well it looks to me like those entries in the wikipedia are glorifying him and diminishing the status of the victims, where are their wikipedia entries??? i will have this banned in the uk please USA join me !!!

3. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

How is that glorifying Cho? They were facts, as far as I read them. He was a head case who killed a bunch of innocent people.

Perhaps you could channel your energies into something more productive. Like getting your bloody, British hands off Ireland?

And a lot of people (liberals as well as conservatives) consider Ronald Reagan a hero. THAT'S utter shite.

4. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

I feel that the event should be archived, information censorship isn't what we're shooting for, here. Perhaps it could be done in a less abrasive way.

5. sentient

sentient Senior Member

Now he gets immortality while they rot in obscurity - what kind of fucked up lesson is that for the youth of today ??

6. Zoomie

That's your interpretation. I'm sure the families of the victims would be glad to know that some wanker in the UK thinks their children are "rotting in obscurity".

And I know for a fact that you haven't seen local TV, families here in Baltimore mourning the loss of their loved ones, crying out for vengeance against the people who illegally sold Cho guns, against the school for not expelling this nutjob, against the local authorities who knew he was a problem, against the students who were too politically correct to speak up and have him removed because it was uncomfortable to be around him, against his family who knew he was unstable and they sent him out into the world anyway.

Yes, I'm so glad you know exactly what's going on here in the US all the way across the Altantic since you apparently get all your information from wikipedia. Very reliable source. And you can glean glorification from a list of simple facts. Amazing.

I pity you.

7. Breakxeggs

Breakxeggs Member

I <3 my Wiki!

8. stonedmonkiwana

stonedmonkiwana K9 Handler

I won't protest against Wikipedia lol.. I love Wikipedia.. I would be nothing without my Wikipedia.. haha

9. Skeeebop

Skeeebop Member

Dude are you for real?

Channel your anger at the 24 hour news stations, Fox and MSNBC etc... for playing his lame ass videos and showing his pictures and giving him all that attention.
    More and more crazies who feel they have no voice will start doing this shit to get their fifteen minuets of fame even if its negative.
    People kill for that kind of instant fame, not a fucking passage on Wikipedia.

10. smokey bear

smokey bear Banned

Nice to know homeland security is being preserved by you people ! keep up the good work and soon hipforums will be as hippy as the NSA likes it ! yeeeehaaar ! good work brothers

11. tinyd4nc3r

tinyd4nc3r Member

Wikipedia is not glorifying this killer in anyway....cho is a part of history for being resonsible for the biggest school shooting in history just like hitler is responsible for the holocaust. now when their is a page bluntly supporting him then we will have a reason to be angry.

12. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

It's just information. Get over it. They have the right to put up anything they want. They could have a whole page saluting him as a hero, and that's still their right. So don't say they don't have the right to put up a page of information on a mass murderer. That's bullshit.

13. Boss--Hog

Boss--Hog Member

What the goddam hell?!? You sock it to em Justice. What is the matter with you people? Dicopeedia is a great saurce of American intelligence and you are trying to pro test against it?!? Are you some kind of liberal jee had? I get sick of defendin ma rites. Sure people like chow pork chewy should not have been given a gun, becose he was a crazy sun of a bitch. But he did what he did n for that he must get the credit. You can't deny a dead man his rites in the United States of America boy. Sentinent you are one crazy crazy horse, boy. Stop meesin with our heed.

14. Zoomie

Goddess have mercy, the good ol' boys have taken over.

Head fer the hills...

15. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

zoomie, please don't feed or tease the trolls

16. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

You have the option to post opposing views on wiki or report a citation as fraudulent. The wiki is a clearinghouse, not an authority.

17. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

youre right, dear god, how dare we have a free open source of information on the internet! we must start censorship NOW before people learn..t hings.. about... life and stuff. arrr! burn the internet!

18. Boss--Hog

Boss--Hog Member

Woah hold yor horses now there boy. Youre a godfearin person but where is your paytriotic sens of duty? Dont be fooled by the devil. The inter net is our freedom of speech an we must pro tect it down to the last man. Its also the only way I can sell my licker these days. Wickerpedia is an infinit sorce of knowleg n if peeple dont like it they dont have to reed it. There I said my peace now. Have a nice day.

19. brainstew

brainstew Member

What he did and who he is is apart of history and wikapedia recods history...so...

20. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

I disagree. He deserves as much coverage as he can get. I hope someone does a movie (a well done one) on his life so even those people who don't like to read (or don't know how to) can understand the fucked up circumstances of this country (materialism, bigotry, indifference/alienation of those who are different than ourselves) that helped create a case like Cho's.

This is an issue that needs to illuminated and remembered forever. A lesson to learn from. Not some bad memory we should try to rub away because it's painful to think about.