Protection

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Duncan, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No... I don't mean condoms. I'm talking about entry into your home, apartment, condo, co-op, trailer, or cave. How would you protect it from burglers? I use the old fashioned lock and key method (when I remember to). The barking pitbull serves as a contact to let me know when someone is ringing the busted doorbell.

2. howl

howl Member

i install house alarms on the side i think they are dumb. if someone wants in theyre coming in. but i guess it makes people feel better.

all you really need is a sticker from an alarm co. that says you have an alarm. if that doesn't stop 'em, nothing will.

3. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I saw a good system at the Security Convention in Vegas two years ago.

When your fence alarm picks up movement, a camera pans over to the spot. You just change channels on tv to the one the camera is on, then grab your joystick, you don't even have to get off the couch. Crosshairs on the tv screen aim, and then the lid lifts off the machine gun on the roof and you blast him.
    It looked pretty effective.

4. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

now thats what l want... how much??

5. howl

howl Member

if you don't have pets, a yardful of claymore's if pretty effective at keeping personas non grata away..... and punji pits.... a good punji pit and youre set.

6. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Bedlam, I didn't ask, and they wouldn't let me try it out...but the video looked great, with a guy peering thru the chainlink fence with his binoculars, and a crosshair on his forehead. The whole set up looked very expensive, I think I will just stick with my attack cat, orangey.