Propecia (finasteride)

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by 6-eyed shaman, Jul 29, 2018.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Any men on here ever experimented with this hair loss pill? (or women on here who know men who've taken it?)

3 months ago, I got my doctor to prescribe me with some pills of it. I picked up the pills at the pharmacy, and chickened out from taking it. I've read a lot of testimonials about this drug; some men say it worked very well for them with mild side effects of decreased libido and drowsiness. Others say they got gynocomastia, permanent erectile dysfunction, depression, and more.

But now, after looking at my recent travel photos, I can see that I need to stop living in denial about hair loss and need to make a decision.

2. I saw a study that said balding men were seen as more dominant, so maybe it's not a bad thing. I never think hair loss looks bad on a man, myself. It can even look cool if you style your hair right.

3. bigredinmass

bigredinmass Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Definitely have read about sexual side effects (ED and libido). It messes with your hormones. So do you want hair or sexual function? Might I suggest Nettle Root Exttact?

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No experience, but I would advice not to use it. I don't think any pill can stagnate hair loss. If balding has started you better learn to accept it. Or save up for a transplant surgery.

Irminsul likes this.
  5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Imagining 6-eyes with a comb-over... lol

GeorgeJetStoned and Irminsul like this.
  6. Asmodean

I thought before i saw in a pic he combed it to the front to camouflage his 'coves' (uhm how do english speaking people call these receeding spots anyway? Or did i guess right :p)

I'm in a similar boat. Slowly but steadily I'm forced to get a new hairstyle. I definitely pass up the pill stage though! Pretty sure I don't go for the transplant option either. Even if i had the money.

7. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

He's way too vain for that.

Not talking shit, I am the same.

8. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Finasteride = fine ass to ride

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  9. 6-eyed shaman

I suppose the hair transplant method is another alternative. It is the male version of getting breast implants. Vain and expensive.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  10. 6-eyed shaman

One thing I did that helped hide the receding hair line on the front sides of the forehead, was to part my hair directly down the middle, and comb it over that way. It’s somewhat effective until the wind blasts in my face. The problem is, the back of my head toward the crown is noticeably thinning, especially when it’s drenched.

11. Asmodean

Yup. I have long hair and the only thing masking the 'coves' on the forehead is that I part my hair in the middle (which is how I have had my hair since I grew it out, so I didn't change shit :p and people only know how big those 'coves' are if I show it). I wear a cap when its very windy. It's not yet a hassle, but I know its a downward spiral... I don't want it to become a hassle. That was actually one of the reasons I grew it out! :-D

Irminsul and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  12. 6-eyed shaman

A windy day cap would be a good idea.

Although I'm not an avid cap wearer, I occasionally wear baseball caps when I'm out in the sun.

Although I'd rather keep all my hair, I think I could pull off a decent style in a drivers hat with a short brim.

13. Asmodean

Everybody rather keeps their hair. That's why these pills are selling. Not because they work so good ;) :p

Irminsul likes this.
  14. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Bummer.

15. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

As one grows older, one can switch from pride in one's hair to pride in one's ability to rise above trivialities.

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  16. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

You might want to try cutting your hair short. I think losing your hair shows more and looks stranger if it's long

I'd recommend going to a traditional Chinese herbalist. They might be able to give you something

Pills sound like a bad option. I think there's also a problem where things will get worse if you stop taking them

YouFreeMe likes this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

How many cue balls does it take to do a survey? :tearsofjoy:

18. Asmodean

Should he go for the bear bile or the grinded up rhino horn?

19. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Traditional Chinese herbal medicine is often criticized because there are some people who use illegal, endangered species ingredients.

To my knowledge, there are no practitioners in the US who use endangered species ingredients, and animal-derived ingredients are very rare, except things like clam shells. Certainly one can also request an all-vegetation based herbal formula.

Condemning all traditional Chinese medicine because some people use endangered species ingredients is like condemning all conventional western medicine, because there were some conventional western doctors who participated in criminal human experiments during world war two.

20. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

As I Said In Your Previous Thread......I Was Taking It For Roughly 2 Years......Excellent

Results......And No Side Effects......Thinking Of Starting It Again.....:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.