propane burners

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by cheeky1, Sep 15, 2011.

1. cheeky1

cheeky1 Member

I am not new to growing. Ive been around for a while but recently I got feed up with filling my 20lb co2 tanks so I switched to a propane burner and used it for about 8 months. My rooms were suddenly I was plagued with problems and couldnt figure out what the problem was. Then it occurred to me it was something that I changed and sure enough it was the burner. After some research I learned there are 2 grades of propane sold the L5 and L10. The 5 is for machinery and the 10 is for say your gas grill. The 10 is no good for an enclosed room it doesnt burn clean and lets off carbon monoxide as a by product and suffocates the plants and isnt good for us to breath either. Just figured I could save someone a big headache.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

buddy of mine thought kerosene heaters would be good too. Just the same problem really, bad exhaust kills plants and people..

3. JamesBond007

JamesBond007 Guest

Dodgy using any kind of burner. I had a parafin lamp for CO2 and it resulted in everything being covered in soot, doh!

4. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

agreed:2thumbsup: