Prom Dress

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Purple_Rhapsody, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Purple_Rhapsody

Purple_Rhapsody Member

I need some ideas for accesories. My dress is dark dark red, almost black at the top of my breast and it slowly gets lighter as it goes to the floor. It has some black beaded work. It's a floor length dress with a tiny thin strap. I need some ideas for accessories. If you see anything cute online add a link so maybe I could get a visual. Thanks. I'm so unsure of what kind of jewlery to wear. I'm looking for a "spanish" theme. My boyfriend is going to wear a pinstripe tux, the stripes are going to be red and he's going to wear the fedora hat thing! Sexy huh! Anyway, any advice.

Any other girls going to prom in here? What are yall wearing? Most of the girls at my school are wearing expensive designer dresses. Like, the $400 dresses that they can find cheeper! *the preach that they are rich and can afford things (i'm talking preps here) but... they have to buy their dresses cheep from "sources" (that pisses me off! I hate people who act rich!) My dress is a one of a kind designer dress. Almost made for me if yah know what I'm saying. It called out to me in the store.I have to have a little work done to it though. But really, what are you all wearing?

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I f I were in your shoes:
    go simple and let the dress, and you, dazzle.
    a single red rose. a simple necklace with a red stone.
    red dangly earrings.
    Sweep up some of your hair and let the back stay loose....

now, my prom dress is owned by a drag queen now, so what do I know?;P

3. Purple_Rhapsody

Purple_Rhapsody Member

*giggles a bit* Good, I like dragqueens!

that is definitely what I was thinking. Even down to the single red rose. My hair is blonde at the moment, anyone think I should dye it darker or strip it so it's darker? What do we think about black jewlery?

4. lostblackdog

lostblackdog Member

Babe, I live in Clinton, SC, and to be honest, I think that your hair would be tragically malformed if you decided to dye it darker.... You're a beautiful girl as it is, and I think that you should keep as much of yourself natural as you can. Anyways... what does this GA boy know about beauty in the first place, right? Fuck me, right? Well, regardless, I think you should be the awesomely hot chick you are, and I'lll gurantee you and I'm able to please whatever desires you might have... I promise that or your money back babe.... Peace....

- Mac.... Lost Black Dog.... yeah baby....

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

If you went dark, go with a six to 24 washes sort of dye that will wash away quickly.
    Spain has its share of light hair/light eyed folks, too. Black jewery can either look elegant or cheap. Choose with care.
    I had a single strand of fake pearls with my white Greco-influenced dress with lace cape. I let the cape be the cenerpiece, and you might want to really look at the bead work. Does it need competition?

6. Purple_Rhapsody

Purple_Rhapsody Member

WTF? HA HA, I may take you up on that!

Anyway, I was thinking about the wash out dye. My beautician may be able to do it for me, right? My hair is already dyed blonde! It's not natural in my pic. I'm naturally a dark dirty blonde! I was also considering the fact that black jewlery can look cheep! I don't want to look cheep. Maybe I need to look up "spanish" styles on the net! Thanks Yall!

7. MiniBix

MiniBix Member

Since i'll probably wear a patchwork dress at my prom, i dont really feel that i should reply with my sence of taste. but i'll give it a try.

your dress sounds awesome! But i agree with Drumminmama, keep it simple. how is the shape of the dress at the top? like a V or a U? cause you can have like a long necklaces that goes almost between the boobs. i dont find that cheep looking. or is it? you can also have like a black tight band around your neck that has a red flower sewed on to it?

do you understand? my english sucks at the moment, sorry!

Do you have a picture of the dress? its easier to come up with ideas if you can see the dress. :)

~* Peace *~

8. lyla

lyla Member

a large(ish) cross necklace might look really nice...