Private messages?

Discussion in 'Gay Personals' started by cruiseruser, Feb 6, 2010.

1. cruiseruser

cruiseruser Member

Can someone tell me if private messages can be sent on Hip Forums, and if so
    how do I do this?

2. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

I think you might need a certain amount of posts to use it if you can't already. But there's a private message center in the top left corner, and you can click a persons user name and "send them a private message" if you wish.

3. cruiseruser

cruiseruser Member

Thank you Swooosh for the information about sending a private message, but for some reason I till do not understand how to use it.

4. Ddoright

Ddoright Senior Member

You do need a certain number of post to send Private Messages (PM) - not many though - maybe 10 or 15. If there is someone you want to PM - click on thier name on one of their post which will take you to their profile. Once there, there should be a place to click that says messages. There you can either post to their profile or send a PM. Jump into a few discussions and before you know it you will have full priviledges.
    [​IMG]

5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I still cant send PMs (Not that I want to,im just curious why Pms havent been authorised on my acct yet)

Im thinking the staff got mad with all the spamming via PM and disabled it totally??

They should only block PMs though for users with under 5 posts (By the time they reach 5 posts you know wheather they are a good member or a spamming idiot)

Another VBB site im on has this 5 post restriction for the NEW MEMBER group and it works well :)

EDIT:

Thank you to the staff for editing my account :)

6. SensibleChemistry

SensibleChemistry Guest

i wish it was easier

7. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

It will get easier my friend,as you approach a higher post count you will be able to send PMs :)

8. AmyBeachGirl

AmyBeachGirl Member

Yeah you can send me a private message but dont ask if I am shaved like some guy has

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

As in you had bleached under your nose, thats why he thought you'd shaved?

10. odonII

odonII O

Last Activity: 04-26-2011 04:10 AM

11. AmyBeachGirl

AmyBeachGirl Member

Eeeeeeeeeeek

12. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I've got 666 messages in my inbox. Leave it like that, don't send me one. I'm an atheist.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

You are a guest.. you don't have permission right now I think it kicks in a couple of days..
    In the meantime enjoy the rest of the site..

14. Clemm

Clemm Newbie

I'd like private messages

Dizzle48 likes this.
  15. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

Click on the person Name .....a black box will appear then click on "start a conversation" All you and he says will be private no one can see what your writing to each other you can even send each other photo's and only you two can see them!....Good Luck....

FredBrice likes this.
  16. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

Click on the "inbox" on the right hand corner....you can send someone a private message and no one can see it but the person your writing too and you!

17. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Private messages are started with START A CONVERSATION. Am I missing something here?

~Zen~ likes this.
  18. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

Your right once your having a conversation with some one and leave you can go back to the theconversation by clicking on the "inbox"

~Zen~ likes this.
  19. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

Click on some ones name then click on "start a conversation"............you will now be in a private conversation with him! No one can see what your talking about!.....................That will be $10 please..........................lol

~Zen~ likes this.
  20. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

Click on avatar then click on "start conversation"