Pressure in the head

Discussion in 'DMT' started by unfocusedanakin, Mar 3, 2013.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

When I smoke DMT I always get what I would describe as a pressure in my head. Like my brain is swelling about to explode out of my skull. A few times when the DMT has been very pure or when I mixed with another psychedelic like LSD the pressure was much more intense, almost too intense at certain points. Usually the when visuals are over the pressure goes away but I smoked some DMT a few days ago and it lasted about 30 minutes although it was not as intense as the first few minutes are. This last stuff was really potent though, I still felt very much in DMT head space for those 30 minutes too.

Does this happen to anyone else?

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I have had pressure in my head on DMT, more noticeable on the stronger trips that leave a sense of self intact. I also vividly recall a sensation that my brain dumped a bunch of cerebral fluid on one trip. On some of my most powerful DMT trips, my 'body' seems to be googolated all over hyperspace so I don't really notice pressure in the head then.

Sometimes I feel like I got my bell rung (like dazed from getting hit in the head minus the swelling and pain part) coming off heavy DMT trips and it'll slowly go away within the hour.

3. gushtunkinflupped

gushtunkinflupped Member

This is completely normal, no worries :)

4. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

on one of my largest DMT doses (about 45 mg loaded, but i didn't vape it all) i got a weird pressure in my sinuses, which dumped a lot of snot into my throat and mouth and i had to navigate my way to the bathroom to spit it out. from that trip forward, i've always got the wastebasket nearby just in case.

it kinda ruined that one trip for me.

i've heard about people having a feeling like running water in their head.

5. PeaceInTime

PeaceInTime Member

This.

My last trip I was spiraling through a vortex of geometric colourful shapes and out of the corner of my "eye" I could see beings trying to reach out at me and then I came to the end of the vortex and I got this feeling of running water nearby and then suddenly the beings were all floating around pouring this amazing crystal clear water all over me and I felt so at peace.

6. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Some psychedelics seem to affect cerebral blood flow. You might have had too high pressure of blood in your brain.

7. inthydreams911

inthydreams911 Senior Member

Thats your pineal gland and other parts of the mid-brain working. Its trying to work, and there is calcium deposits from fluoride and other factors have shut it off, and now your cranking that sucker up to full speed.

They say in different spiritual sects, when people are given third eye initiations, their foreheads get so hot that some people have actual burned their skin. They say the energy has been blocked for so long, sometimes for life times together, then when its released it is like an explosion.

See how that could be paralleled to dmt? You brain is exploding open, pressure is normal, and so far I have no heard of anyone with a burned forehead from it.

8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

^
    Yes, that is what I thought might be happening. I try to avoid fluoride as much as possible but I am sure I have absorbed a little from living in modern society.