President Trump and the Military Option.

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by Jimbee68, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I have to tell you all, you can get a lot of information from 'Real Time' with Bill Maher. Don't laugh. Mr. Maher himself freely admits that this is the case. Yesterday was his season finale.

Anyway, Maher has been correct about everything else he has predicted about President Trump. He was the one who first said in 2016 that Donald Trump would never leave office willingly. Now who's laughing?

In any event, this next Bill Maher prediction is rather scary. Mr. Maher predicts Mr. Trump will try a military coupe rather than leave office.

Now Donald Trump has expressed admiration for dictators, like North Korea's. And he has been shaking things up at the Pentagon lately.

IAE it's just a prediction. Let's hope it's wrong.

Thoughts?

:)

erofant, granite45 and ~Zen~ like this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I wouldn't doubt Trump trying... Not sure if the military would go along with it though.

Most of the Republican Senators seem to be on board for it...

erofant, Tishomingo and ~Zen~ like this.
  3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I believe the high ranking military officials are willing to protect America. There was a democratic election and the majority have spoken. Even if they are personally not left wing they serve to respect this choice. Republicans want to think the military favors their views but it's representative of all Americans meaning people of both sides serve. Trump has never given them respect. It's clear he does not value American's free will or the risk a solider takes. He is a rich boy who bought his way of Vietnam while demanding blind loyalty from current soldiers. From my understanding the best way to earn the respect of your men is to show you do not ask of them anything you have not or would not do. Trump can not do this.

The risk is with individual units. Legally they can refuse unlawful orders and I believe many soldiers will refuse to deploy against right wing militias. What is unlawful is kind of a matter of personal opinion and Trump leads a cult. His voter serves him before the nation.

It's also a fact that many militias have former military so they do understand guerilla tactics. America is going to be a dangerous place in January. Right now militias believe there is some legal process that will give Biden a life sentence and Trump a lifetime term. Once they see that will not happen they will become violent. I think they will travel to places like Arizona, California, or Georgia and take over public buildings and commit mass shootings. These states "stole" the election because of minority votes and big city liberal views.

erofant, Tishomingo and ~Zen~ like this.
  4. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

And there would go U.S. democracy! Hope these brave warriors are able to fight off foreign enemies while fighting off the internal ones which they would surely have in this war of all against all. The best and brightest Americans would leave this country and Trump and his successors would preside over one of those "shit hole countries" he talks about. These morons couldn't govern a country, would encounter massive resistance, passive or otherwise, and would soon be turning on each other.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  5. lapush

lapush Members

Our Military have the server that was counting votes... In Germany for our election.. Americans can't count?
    Hee, Hee

6. erofant

erofant Members

I want to see these "brave patriots" start shooting.
    1. They're VASTLY outnumbered.
    2. They neglect to realize that lots of non-idiot-militia people can shoot too. And are VERY well-armed.

7. Nudegardner

Nudegardner Members

Sure.