Preparing for the end of the world.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Charley*RedEye, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Charley*RedEye

Charley*RedEye Guest

Not that I expect it to happen in my/your/our lifetime, but still, it's something fun to fantasize about (and judging from the popularity of all the apocalyptic Movies, TV shows, and graphic novels, apparently I'm not alone).

Anyway, my Plan A is to head up into the mountains in Central Cal with a sling-bow (a high-powered slingshot with an attachment that lets you shoot arrows), a bunch of decent camping and fishing equipment, a few medical supplies, and maybe a few clones (I figure tending the plants will help with the boredom and give me something to trade in whatever MadMax economy we wind up with).

Plan B is to go sit with my brother on his roof in Chicago with a case of beer and a cpl of shotguns and just watch the show as the rest of the world freaks out.

So how about you? What are your plans for dealing with and/or surviving a global economic melt-down, a world-wide power outage, or (my favorite) a zombie Apocalypse?

2. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I wil just carry on regardless.If shit goes down,it goes down...At least we made it till the end.Realistically speaking,I think we have a few hundred years left maybe - that's my pessimistic take on it.Who knows? Maybe humanity will come together and sort it out.I'm just a stranger in this world,trying to have minimal impact...My life is a free ticket,and I'm not responsible for all the shit that goes down...It certainly doesn't help to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders - I know that from experience.

3. Charley*RedEye

Charley*RedEye Guest

That actually sounds kind of optimistic to me. :tongue:

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Crawl under your desk and place your arms over your head.

[​IMG]

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well, it should probably vary depending on which scenario it is. a zombie apocalypse would require a completely different course of action than a power outage.

of course, if it were literally the end of the world, all you can do is find yourself some sex and drugs and go out on a good note.

6. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I own property with a well. I have two generators that will help as long as I can get fuel to operate them. I do keep a supply ahead of gas and spark plugs but that will only last so long.

I have a garden and do can yield. I have a full pantry of staples that are sealed.

Fireplace with a natural supply of land to cut brush. Would have to build a better heating source as the fireplace is not designed to heat with long term.

Generators would be used for my 3 freezers, nothing else.

Have the means to secure my property but I hope I would not have to use them.

I could manage for a while but long term, no one will probably survive.

7. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

To be quite honest, if it's the "end"...and there are just a few stragglers left, that will eventually starve, freeze to death, be choking from poison air or whatever...I hope I go with the majority.