Preliminary Study Shows Health Benefits of Ganja

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by goodvibes83, May 15, 2013.

1. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

Published by The Atlantic, schools including Harvard participated in this study. Preliminary findings showed that current smokers had lower BMI, lower rates/risk of insulin resistance (one factor contributing to diabetes), and that smokers tended to have smaller waist lines.

It's a short article, but it's exciting! My only concern with the legalization of weed is that America's obesity epidemic would worsen. This makes my one legitimate concern about marijuana look stupid. :D :D

Sorry I had to share :) Spread the word to your friends/family, especially those that oppose marijuana ;)

2. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Good post, +1

3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

is there a link ?

4. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

+ memory problems
    + lack of motivation
    + destroyed lungs

Don't get me wrong, I'm all pro-weed, but for me it is stupid when people call it the most safe thing ever...

5. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

whooops http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/05/study-why-pot-smokers-are-skinnier/275846/

see the memory is still affected :p
    I didn't say it was the safest thing ever, but it has it's perks. Plus when eaten there is no harm done to the lungs.

Memory for sure, but as for motivation it really depends. At times pot makes me become lazy, but at other times I feel really driven by it.

I clean when I'm high. in college I loved, loved studying while high (especially foreign languages).

In no way was I saying that it's the safest thing, but it has it's perks. I was actually proving myself wrong, which as I stated in my first post I assumed the obesity epidemic would only worsen with the legalization of weed, but perhaps my one concern will soon be dis proven.

There are times when I eat so much for a few days, I wonder how I don't gain weight. Part of me thinks it's my thyroid, but after reading this maybe it has something to do with that sweet ole mary jane.

6. azucena

azucena vagina farts

Just a personal observation, not sure if it's true or not, but I have noticed that older regular pot smokers tend to have less wrinkles.