Pre-packaged, mass-produced living beings...well, not realy.

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Spaced06, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Spaced06

Spaced06 Member

http://www.genpets.com/meet.php

Now, from wikipedia:

here's another interesting link, about human-animal hybrids, which are realy being made:

I think this is realy interesting. I know it's rather old news, but it makes me think of the direction humanity is taking. It no longer seems impossible for things like Genpets to be real, it no longer seems impossible that we package living creatures for sale. And of course, it makes ud ask ourselves what's the difference between a pet packaged in plastic and a piece of meat bought at a supermarket. So, what do you think about it?

2. I heard about these a while ago and thought it was very interesting. Like the new age Furby or Tamagotchi. As cool as it may be, it's an awakening to where humanity is headed. Not long before they have man-made beings working for McDonalds or the local police force. :rolleyes:

Here's a pic of these creatures for reference:
    [​IMG]

3. Spaced06

Spaced06 Member

They're not realy alive. They're an art exposition (and a very good one I think). But I do agree, soon we'll have hybrids working at mcdonnalds, and some people are going to calssify them as "inferior" without a thought.