Pre-emptive strike on drug tests?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by NewAgeHippie92, Aug 6, 2012.

1. NewAgeHippie92

NewAgeHippie92 Member

I just got a job, and they told me I could be tested up to four times a year (or none at all). Before it gets to the point of test day, is there a full-time detox I could take to keep all the THC flowing out of my body on a regular basis and make passing that test a lot easier, or is there no hope?

2. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I heard a drop of bleach will make the test come up inconclusive. I wouldn't suggest eating bleach, but rather adding it to your urine.

3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Bleach does nothing and if they suspect tampering it's an automatic fail.
    If it comes up inconclusive that just means retesting.

@the OP, Do you live in a state with medical cannabis? if so go get yourself signed up.

Then if you test positive they will ask if you are and if so, you pass.
    At least that has been my experience in Calif.

4. NewAgeHippie92

NewAgeHippie92 Member

Nope, Ohio :(

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Well then.... guess you're gonna get canned.

6. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

those detox drinks have been reported to work (my brother and i have both used them once each, but we also quit smoking for a week or so and drank shitloads of water)

i'm pretty sure you can't do what you described - keep the THC flushing out
    (other than not ingest THC)

7. MoeBlowDro

MoeBlowDro Guest

Fruit pectin, known as SureJell, it's used in canning so you can find it in the baking isle of basically any grocery store. It masks THC in your urine for a few hours. Drop a packet of that in a 32 oz. Gatorade, 2 packets if you're heavy, drink that 1-2 hours before your test and make sure you piss at least once before. I don't know from personal experience...yet. But tons of people swear up and down that it works. Best of luck to you! I hope you get the job!

8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I have used this method several times...and it works...according to the type of test used!

One time when I did this I didn't know what kind of test I'd have. (It was for a construction company.) I was sent to a doctor's office where they send off the pee to Timbucktoo. I'm figuring by the time they got the "sample" they had Jello Piss. Needless to say, I failed.

If you are given what I call the litmus type test (putting a strip of test paper in the pee), then you are alright. However, I can also tell you that every single time I did this, my kidneys bothered me for about a week. So, I surely wouldn't recommend you trying this on any kind of regular basis.

If you are determined to work here and they are determined to give you piss tests, imo you'd be better off investing in synthetic pee. This can be bought on the internet.

9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

What type of job is it that they are going to test you four times a year?
    Is it a federal job or a company that fulfills government/federal contracts?
    Is a driving job overseen by the DOT?
    Is it a high risk position such as pilot, train conductor, tug boat captain, high rise crane operator, explosives/demolition technician?
    Are in a position to have access to high security government or corporate files/info?

I ask because there are really only a few types of jobs such as noted above that are subject to LEGAL random drug screens.

In California is is illegal for an employer to conduct random drug tests unless they fall under very specific criteria and the state constitution even provides further protection from random drug screens, check your states laws.

Look into the laws for your state, but it is against the law and considered a violation of your constitutional rights (4th amendment) to be drug tested by an employer without just cause.

Everyone should do that.
    I was tested at one place, failed.
    Did my homework and discovered that technically the test was inadmissible because my employer did not use the proper DOT form.
    Called the DOT (Department of Transportation) and HR to try and get my job back on a technicality. Almost worked until the DOT bitch had the HR person send a notarized affidavit to them declaring that they accidentally used the wrong form, yada, yada. End result didn't get my job back, but sure did make that bitch in HR piss herself when I told HER all the laws and how she fucked up!

So moral of the story is educate yourself about the laws and constitutionality of drug screens in your state, you never know what you may discover.

The only reason I was tested at a retail based company was because I agreed to be a delivery driver part time to help my manager out and was tested based on the DOT guidelines about random tests.
    Lot of good that did me, I should have been running a press printing 6'x100' banners and shit, not driving. :(