potpourri light

Discussion in 'Home Decor and Household Tips' started by wyldwynd, Jun 18, 2006.

1. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

This is something a lady i know made me,,which it is a vase with potpourri and lights in it,,and has a lace doiley on the top with ribbon,,,which it is really simple to make and also gives off the aroma of the potpourri,, the lady who made this for me is 84 years old which also is very inspirational,,,

[​IMG]

2. wyldwynd

woww that picture came out huge,,,sorry

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

so explain: is it a wad of string (holiday) lights in a vase with a dish in the top for the potourri?

4. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

Yeah you put Christmas lights in them.

5. wyldwynd

i made the picture smaller and lighter soo you can see it better, ,,it is a vase with the potpourri and christmas lights mixed inside the vase,,with a doilie on top,,[​IMG],when plugged in it gives off frangrance and makes a nice accent light also~ you cant tell by this picture but you can see the potpourri thru the vase~

6. wyldwynd

christmas lights dont heat up all that much,,, it hasnt given me any problems,,,i never leave it plugged in over nite.

7. bbbeccaaa

bbbeccaaa 12345678910

What a great idea, I might do that come Christmas :)

8. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

My little sister's boyfriend's grandmother (what a mouthful!) made me something like that for Christmas several years back. Except she used a mason-type jar and hand-painted Christmasy pics on it. It had a doily on top as well. I really loved it.