Potato Soup

Discussion in 'Soups' started by dutch, Nov 4, 2010.

1. dutch

dutch Member

I found this recipe...originally called potato-carrot soup. Can be made with or without the carrots.

Peel 8 potatoes. Cut them into fourths. (Add 4 carrots cut into 1 in. lengths, sliced in half if the carrots are thick. Add 3 celery stalks diced, and 2 onions, diced. Add 14 (yes, fourteen) cloves of garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. Boil all in 4 cans of vegetable broth and enough water to cover everything.

Remove from heat. With a potato masher, LIGHTLY mash the potatoes - just enough to break the potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Add 1 pt. heavy whipping cream. Stir in enough instant potato flakes to thicken the soup. Garnish with chives to taste, either in serving dish or in individual bowls, as desired. Serve over grated cheddar cheese.

This makes a great cool/cold day soup that quickly becomes everyone's favorite soup!

2. learn2see

learn2see Member

dude, I could LIVE on potato soup. I'm a huge meat fan so I put bacon in mine.

3. CommonDaisy

CommonDaisy Member

Ooh.. I love potato soup!

My Mom thinks it can pretty much cure anything.. she's probably right.

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Potato bacon cheese soup sounds really good.

5. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

I will eat just about anything with potatoes