Potasium deficiencies?

Discussion in 'Organic Cannabis Growing' started by Working:Class:Hero, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Working:Class:Hero

Working:Class:Hero Member

Ive got some L2's about 5 weeks old. Symptoms include purple stems burned leaf tips and heat stress when the grow room temp is absolutley fine.
    So far ive leached the soil and fetilized with full NPK fertilizer. How long shall i have to wait to see if my plants are gonna be ok or not? Is there anything else i can do?
    cheers

2. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Here's a good place to diag your grow, there's pics of most any defiency or burn;

http://www.mjguide.com/modules.php?name=Tutorials

Then click on: Comprehensive Plant Problem Solver

Purple stems are normal for indica dominent plants, burned leaf tips might be over feeding or watering,>)

3. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

and do not leech the soil with more fertilizer. Use pH adjusted water in the 6 - 6.5 range. Flushing the soil is usually for leeching out the excess salts that may have built up (transplanting usually takes care of that) AND -> (this is the usual reason) flushing to remove excess nutes from overfertilization. If your water is out of spec for pH a nutrient lockout can occur.

4. Working:Class:Hero

thanx for the advice. i think ive over fed them now. Ive leached pots and im just feeding water with 2ml of topmax. Will the topmax still burn? got some others about 10 days old but im not going to feed until they need it. I think the BioBizz nutes are a little strong for such small ladies.

Buds are very very resinous and theres still a few weeks till harvest, cant wait!

5. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Sweet my man! If you are that close to harvest just start using plain water.

Congrats!
    Bill

6. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Yep this is the hardest part of growing our favorite herb..........wait for it!..........wait for it!>D

7. Working:Class:Hero

Nice one. i just wish id paid more attention to lighting distances. i was worried about burning them as im using a small wardrobe and a 400 watt HPS. Im reaching the end of my second conquest and ive only just got it sussed.
    I burnt the hell out of my AK48's and really lost out on my yield. still lesson learnt eh.
    This quick lowryder grow has taught me an awfull lot about growing in a very short space of time! Im sure its the way forward for beginners. Maybe not autoflower strains but somthing like Afropips fast blast could teach amateurs a shit load in a very short space of time.

8. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Hee hee :) The learning curve is fun and is a great example of why "get a good book" is suggested to newbs who have not even germinated a seed before.

As long as you can maintain good air flow in and out of the wardrobe you should be able to moderate the temps. In at the bottom out at the top. A good squirrel cage fan should be able to handle both jobs with proper ducting. PS: You can even wire it to a thermostat that can handle cooling (some only do the heating part).

9. Working:Class:Hero

^^ whats happenin mate, I got the grow bible and studied it everyday for the past six months. Its taught me a lot but ive still made a few silly mistakes.

The buds are really gettin juicier by the day now. Frustrating as im not gonna be able to have a spliff till theyre done!

Ive also buggered up my 2 Biggie small seedlings allmost breakin them. Still ive got another 10 beans and 5 mayhem F2's aswell. Do you know much about mayhem? Its a russion indica X Blockhead i think?

10. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

I am not familiar with the newer strains that are out but am sure someone is.

When your crop is near finishing you can take "sample" buds to find the sweet spot that you prefer. Harvesting a bit earlier for a more heady high or a bit later for a more body stone. It does make a bit of a difference and is good for developing a "morning" "noon" and "evening" blend :)

F2's are great as you will be suprised at the different genetics that will show. Some will favor (for example) the indica side or the sativa side and through cloning you can slowly isolate the parentage and have a bit more variety.

I do love that plant!

-Bill

11. Working:Class:Hero

Think im gonna save the F2's for a journall. I need a camera though.

I know what you mean about the different harvest times and different highs. I harvested one of my AK's early and i waited for the other plants trichs to go cloudy/amber. After smokin the latter i litterally couldnt think, move or function in anyway at all really.:)
    Thanks for the advice bill, happy growin